IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking "fine" - court letter

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
  • lynneholmes
    Options
    I received a parking charge notice the other day even though I bought a ticket and left within the time on the ticket. What I didn’t know was about any time allotted for finding a space. I had to wait about 15 minutes to get a space, just before Christmas and did not know this. This does not seem to be in any of the signage.
  • Redx
    Options
    it will be in the code of practice

please post a NEW THREAD and name the parking company involved

download and read the CoP

and please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum

if you need further help, we will do so in your own thread, not this one

thanks
  • lynneholmes
    Options
    Hi, I received a parking charge notice from Premier Parking Solutions even though I bought a ticket. I had to wait about 12-15 minutes for a space as it was so busy everywhere in the Christmas period. I didn’t know that there was a charge even before one finds a space. This doesnt seem to say anything on the signage.
    How have you got on?
  • Redx
    Options
    this thread is an ongoing court case and hasnt got there yet

please use the NEW THREAD BUTTON near the top left of this forum, post your queries in that NEW THREAD

thank you
  • lynneholmes
    Options
    Let me know how you get on. I’m just realising that they are counting my waiting for a car parking space in the parking charge claim. But they don’t say this on the letter. They just say I haven’t paid and I clearly had a parking ticket placed on the dashboard - and I sent this to the appeal.
  • Redx
    Options
    this court case wont be over for several months

and its BRITANNIA PARKING , not Premier Parking Solutions
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    Options
    @lynneholmes - please don't deflect this thread as it's approaching a crucial point in proceedings. Tangential questioning is likely to cause confusion.

If you wish to discuss things with the OP, please PM them off forum. If you want help with your own case, follow Redx's advice above.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • sellwin90
    Options
    Sorry not replied - been busy at work. Will have a look through the links provided and more advice given then post an updated defence in due course. Thanks
  • sellwin90
    Options
    Oh, and this morning I received a further letter from BW legal saying about the court claim issued and the fine amount. The amount is broken down again, going from one of my earlier posts of the breakdown from the court and someone saying it is illegal what they have requested, it's actually a different breakdown:

Principal debt: £x
    Interest: £x
    Court fees: £x
    Solicitors cost £x

In my initial defence I have stated that they are requesting the money twice but it doesn't seem that way, unless requesting solicitor fees is not allowed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure