IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking "fine" - court letter

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 July 2019 at 4:28PM
    Options
    Your exhibits should (evidence) be referenced with your initials stroke number

As in ABC/001 , ABC/002

ABC/001 a photo showing blah blah etc

And the signs were so poorly lit that I believe that they were not seen by the driver
  • sellwin90
    sellwin90 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Red, how do you think my point 8 reads now? Post #110
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Seems ok apart from the spelling mistakes
  • sellwin90
    sellwin90 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks, I don't have spell check on my copy of Microsoft Word for some reason, but it will be checked before printing.

Would you say that it is ready to be printed off, signed and sent off to the relevant parties?

I can post as a full WS again if needs be
  • sellwin90
    Options
    Just to let you all know - lost the court case. The fee to be paid is less than the biggest sum quoted but more than if I had just paid initially, with the court costs, obviously! Should have just paid it
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Bad luck. Why did you lose it, was the Judge against you from the start?

Was the rep especially clever (rare!).

How long was your overstay, and was it a case too similar to P/Eye v Beavis?

What did you lose on and did you at least manage to explain why a PPC can't add £60 in fake costs to the PCN and can't recover more?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Misterdave
    Options
    Hi I have a ticket very similar and in a close location. Curious Sellwin90 how much you ended up paying in total and whether it was higher or lower than the reduced costs offered as a discounted rate. Just about to start all the process and reading the sticky thread. Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why seek out the 1% of losing cases?! 99% here WIN, and people who lose pay about £200 all told.

Please start your own thread for bespoke assistance.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Misterdave
    Options
    Coupon mad, I was just wondering the particulars of this case and didn't want to start my own, as very similar to this. Very likely to lose if it goes to court as similarly to this case Driver at fault. As much as I hate these companies not really sure I have a leg to stand on but taking it to court as not willing to upfront near on £300 so was interested in what my "worst case" would be. Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Misterdave , as suggested earlier, if you wish to ask questions then please start your own thread.

Trying to address the issues of more than one person in one thread can only lead to confusion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure