Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
1K replies 52.9K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that you had a lovely catch up with your friend in a very special place.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely to get to the woods, teapot, and to the GC afterwards, I'm pleased for you.
    And what a salad you made for yourself!  I'm really impressed with the amount you've grown.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • teapot2teapot2 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks KC, as I said its all small amounts mostly in pots but its quite cheery in the garden watching it all growing from seed:)
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went out this morning to do a bit of shopping in the high street, wasn't too busy though there were a few family groups wandering about who are presumably here on holiday.  Most of the cafes and coffee shops are shut on a Monday so not many options for people to eat out plus it was a BH up here today.  Family came round in the afternoon, just the one tiny human as the other was at an activity session which takes place outdoors.  Nice to see them and they went off with 3 pots of herbs I've grown for them,  2 jars of jam and a jar of homemade pesto :)
    Had a bit of a spendy weekend, ordered a bra which was back in stock in my size at EM & ES.  Shame it wasn't in stock last week when I ordered some other underwear as had to pay another delivery charge.  Cashed in almost £20 on Prolific and used that to buy it along with some £ that was already in my PP account from surveys.  Also bought 3 tops from a sale in DBhams on my 0% cc - they arrived today but one will go back as I'm not keen after seeing it in person as it were.  I need some tops for work as my current ones are either fraying at the neck, have holes where big old furry boy got his claws stuck and one annoyingly has a bleach stain in an obvious place,  So even in video meetings, its getting obvious that they are beyond their best and I'm very aware about the state of them.  
    No other money news really, did a few Prolific surveys and am back up to £10 on there.
    ONE MORE SLEEP TILL GETTING MY HAIR CUT YAAAY [sorry for shouting but am very much looking forward to this ✂✂✂]

72.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy new hair. 😀
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    72.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a simply food near you by any chance? You can have things delivered there for free. 
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    ***Keep plodding***
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou said:
    Do you have a simply food near you by any chance? You can have things delivered there for free. 
    No nothing like that Beanie, the nearest one would involve 2 buses and of course there are several in the City but am not going on public transport at the moment so have had it delivered :) 
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think my biggest news of the week is that I've had a hair cut, I normally have a dry cut but of course they aren't possible now so wash and cut it was.  Cost more than double what I'd normally pay but needed done.  I got some bread and fruit as well when I was out then headed home for a shower before work as the tiny hairs that escape down my back make me wriggle lots.  
    I'm well and truly back in the work mode so was quite glad when I finished on Friday afternoon.  Washed all the towels and bedding this morning and had a bit of a tidy round.  Washing is out on the line now and as theres a wee breeze should dry quickly.
    Had a Pinecone survey in the week and a Ugov one as well as the usual Prolific and 1 poll.  Am back up at £12.50 on Prolific and almost £15 on 1poll.  I remembered my house and contents insurance will be due this month and I normally pay them annually.  I'll do a comparison and switch if a good deal is offered and try to remember to go via a cashback site.  Still waiting for my main work invoice to be paid so had to transfer some money from my TSB interest account into my c/a as the council tax and other DDs were due to come out.
    I hope that some of the banks might follow the example of the Hally and offer a switching bonus.  I'm not eligible for that one as I have a Hally account already but will keep an eye out for others.  Bit annoyed with the Spanish bank, I changed to a 123 Light Acct when they made the recent changes as the 123 account no longer suited me.  They are making more changes from October and one is that the cashback rates are being changed and the biggest at 3% is to be for water bills.  As everyone in Scotland is billed for water in with the council tax bill I won't be eligible for this change which may mean the account will cost more than I would gain.  
    Hoping for a chilled out weekend so might see if I can find some shade in the garden and have a cuppa :)
    72.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy your weekend 😊
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    ***Keep plodding***
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of weeding done yesterday as it was a lot cooler than Saturday but a fairly lazy day otherwise.  This morning I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep so I eventually got up and made some biscuits to take round to family.  I had a long gap between online meetings so walked round there and had lunch with a biscuit for afters.  Oldest tiny human goes back to school on Thurs and is really anxious about it so was completely hyper poor wee soul which is how their anxiety is expressed.  Their mum is really stressed about it all  - so difficult for families trying to cope with all the anxiety and worry.