Interest details on HMRC Personal Tax Account. Updated to include how to access interest details.

Options

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fella wrote: »
    Sorry, there is a problem with the service
    Try again later

Has this stopped working now or is it just flakey?

Ta

I spoke to HMRC about this recently. Apparently it worked for so few people (me included) that they've removed the feature for everyone until it is fixed.
  • youngretired
    Options
    We used this link only yesterday and it worked fine for us.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 August 2019 at 5:32PM
    Options
    This thread has a worthy aim but, whilst HMRC's PTA (and BTA) software is so immature, it is, currently, of little value.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    It has changed and is now difficult to access. You need to log in to your personal tax account online and then follow the link below. Towards the foot of this page is a link to the details.

It is mad but it does work.

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check-income-tax/income/bank-building-society-savings
    It is still working for me and it was updated with my actual details for all of my accounts on Monday. As an estimate for 2019/ 20 it previously gave details for 2017/18 and now is showing details for 2018/19.

If the details have been updated you will see them after clicking on "Check your details and estimated interest towards the foot of the page.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    This thread has a worthy aim but, whilst HMRC's PTA (and BTA) software is so immature, it is, currently, of little value.
    I disagree with your opinion that it is of little value and find it very useful.

I do agree that the whole site is rather poor but in my opinion it is better than nothing.

As with all IT offerings I set my expectations very low to avoid disappointment.
  • youngretired
    Options
    As RG2015 states you can see your interest and accounts still through this link. We amended the figures that we could for this tax year and then sent in the post my husbands actual interest figures for 18/19 and accounts that we couldn't do online due to no sort code.
  • Fella
    Fella Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If the details have been updated you will see them after clicking on "Check your details and estimated interest towards the foot of the page.

I don't even have that link!!
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fella wrote: »
    Sorry, there is a problem with the service
    Try again later

Has this stopped working now or is it just flakey?
    jamei305 wrote: »
    It's always done that for me, never worked...

Try logging in, then cut and paste the link text rather than clicking on the hyperlink. I don't know why, but that works for me when the hyperlink doesn't.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    Try logging in, then cut and paste the link text rather than clicking on the hyperlink. I don't know why, but that works for me when the hyperlink doesn't.

HMRC have confirmed to me there's loads of people for whom this link simply doesn't work. It's never worked for me.
  • littlemoney
    littlemoney Posts: 788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It is still working for me and it was updated with my actual details for all of my accounts on Monday. As an estimate for 2019/ 20 it previously gave details for 2017/18 and now is showing details for 2018/19.

It still works for me but it is still showing my 2017/18 interest. I had hoped that they would have updated the figures by now as I thought the financial institutions had to send the information by 30 June. Perhaps I am wrongly thinking it would be like the system which employers have to use to send information to the tax office, where it is all done electronically and files automatically loaded.

I really didn't want the hassle of updating and amending. Any guess when the figures might be right?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback