Sort of debt-free but hope to be a super-scrimper in 2019

Options
1606162636466»

Comments

• elizabethhull
    elizabethhull Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one dropping in periodically, hoping for some news. When you get the time, it would be lovely to get an update, but if things are just too complicated, or stressful, or you just don't want to do the diary anymore I quite understand.

Sending you lots of good wishes xxx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I was just thinking about you the other day Carboot and wondering if you were okay. If you don't want to update your diary any more then that is fine of course. I hope that you're just busy though and not having problems that stop you from posting.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi CBBC

Just popped in to see how things are going. See a lot of changes everywhere.

Hope all ok with you xx
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Delurking to ask if anyone has heard from CBC. Hoping everything is ok with her and the family. And the house of course.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, not heard from her. But with an uninhabitable house, and (I think) a long way to go to get online, I think it might be the end of the building season before we hear from her, if she wants to come back. I hope she does!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • DoOrDie
    Options
    Hi carbootcrazy!

Great Blog to read on your journey. I have recently admitted defeat with my debt of £55k and just starting my DMP with SC.
    Im looking to clear as much as i can as quickly as i can, which at the agreed rate of £490 a month (agreed amount) would take just over 9 years. Im lining up extra work and even a new job in the new year to get extra funds to clear this.
    The good news is, i am 38, on 70k salary, own my house with mortgage which has more equity than the debt.
    The bad is i have 4 dependents with no other income.

what i would like to know is how you managed to go from £56k debt to £2k in 6 years?
    Was this in your car boot sales ;)
    Im looking for more ideas to get more income and even develop a passive income.
    Well done for your journey and fingers crossed i make it out as quickly as you did.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DoOrDie, welcome to CBC's thread - but she hasn't posted here since the beginning of this year, there was a bit of a catastrophe with the house, which she writes about a bit: this is like her online journal, this thread. You're nearly in the right place though - this is in the Debt Free Diaries section, all of them are diaries about the journey to be debt free. The other part of this board is the challenges, how to work together to get debt free. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

Best of luck!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family