The 365 day penny challenge 2019

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm in! I have done this before both with pennies and another way with pounds per week eg week 1 = £1 week 52 =£52. Like you HelenJenkins1 I tend to swap and change and cross off as I go along. Soon adds up and a great way to pay off lumps sums off debt without missing the cash!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • I'm in! Did this in 2017 and bought myself a brand new bed and mattress (first one I've bought on my own) :D
    C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Leothecat
    Leothecat Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi. Please may I join ?

I did this last year and managed to complete it twice. I did this by leaving the car at home and walking at weekends, putting into the tin what I would have spent on petrol. Taking lunches to work etc etc.

Having the spreadsheet print out and marking off each time I put in really helped keep me focussed.

Thanks
  • Can I join in as well. I need some motivation to save as well as paying off debt.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • leelad
    leelad Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Please can you allocate me with a number and allow me to join and contribute to this thread. We have a bottle in the front room of our house for adding money in, however the contents of the bottle can only be opened if the bottle is smashed. So I would like to fill up the bottle completely with as much money as possible, all being well the maximum amount of money that can be saved through participating in this challenge! Already got started by dropping in £1 into the bottle.
  • It’s great to see so so many people joining in with me. If everyone is up for posting regularly then I will do my very best to keep everyone’s totals updates as regularly as I can. Just post how much you have added to your pot.
    I will update and allocate numbers on the post now.
    Good luck everyone and happy new year.
    Make £10 a day in May- £90/£150
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Thanks for my number. Will update regularly
    Good luck all
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • I'd like to join in too please
  • Could I join too please? I did this on my own last year and managed til may time. Hopefully the moral support on this thread will help me see it right through
  • I’d like to join, too. I will be mixing it up though and not sticking to the order on the print out.

Thanks
    Pay all your debts off by Xmas 2019 #37 £119.95 / £2500 4.79% paid
    £2 saver #24 - £4 saved
    365 penny challenge 2019 #16 - £26.05 / £667.95 (3.9%)
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #8 £55.80 / £250 (22.3%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure