2019 Frugal Living Challenge

Options

Comments

• nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Another frugal day, yesterdays soup was nice and I had another bowl at lunch time. Tea tonight was curtesy of the freezer which I'm hoping to defrost next week, I've sorted it out and made a list of what's in there so I can make quite a few meals.
    I haven't been out the weather has been rain, rain and more rain today so the furthest I have been is to the shed to feed the guinea pig!
    Feeling good, getting back to lists and being proactive.
    Nannyg'
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys, welcome back to those who have been absent and big hello to Bails! �� Is everyone prepared for the final run-in to the new year? I'm suppised to be doing NaNoWriMo challenge this month but haven't been able to find the time to start writing! November is just far too hectic. I have another 420 tiny trees due to arrive soon for planting more of our wildlife and foraging hedgerowd so not much spare time for anything. Apologies for my absence but I'll get the 2020 challenge set up very soon. ��
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • nannygladys
    Options
    Hi everyone
    You always seem so busy Frugal.
    Today didn't go to plan. I was hoping to get down to the lottie to collect the last of the toms but again it rained most of the day.
    Still no shopping done or money spent. Dinner and tea curtesy of the freezer and cupboards.
    Nannyg
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • 2Scratters
    Options
    Frugaldom wrote: »
    Hi guys, welcome back to those who have been absent and big hello to Bails! �� Is everyone prepared for the final run-in to the new year? I'm suppised to be doing NaNoWriMo challenge this month but haven't been able to find the time to start writing! November is just far too hectic. I have another 420 tiny trees due to arrive soon for planting more of our wildlife and foraging hedgerowd so not much spare time for anything. Apologies for my absence but I'll get the 2020 challenge set up very soon. ��

Sorry to sound daft Frugaldom what is NaNoWriMo please?
    Well, working into semi retirement is going ok. Trying to keep the spending to a minimum. Every day not spending anything goes into a separate cash vintage pot which was donated to be. Also each time I save when out shopping that goes into another cash pot. Not sure what we are going to spend it on when we are ready though. Working through the freezer is working well. Yet sm shoppimg still has me wasting food:mad:
    Today will be an hour spent planning meals for this week and having some leftovers for the weekend will be a bonus as I will be at work.
    Have a good weekend and week Peeps, off to get some free wood in for the fire:)
    Anything is better than nothing-check back and see On the declutter journey 2023 with Mrs SD Tilly Tidy 2023 YTD 14.98
  • nannygladys
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Not much has been happening, which is frugal I suppose but I could have done more of something!!!
    The furthest Ive been is to the shed to feed and fuss guinea pig (gp) shes an old lady now - 7 1/2 and has always been on her own, so I have to have a talk and fuss with her!
    I have been looking at things to make for Xmas, but Im not sure if people would appreciate soup bowl cosies, mug rugs etc so if anyone has any ideas they would be welcome. Ive made 2 teacher presents for the dgd's to give to their teachers, a cosmetic bag and then filled it with a few goodies, but getting stuck with ideas.
    Anyway off to prepare my lunch for tomorrow as Im looking after dgd whilst mom has to go out and dad at work.
    Nannyg
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • Happy_Monday
    Options
    Awwwww nannygladys, I love guinea pigs, my sister and her kids had 2; unfortunately one died recently. I’ve been to see her today and had a little fuss with piggy too! X
  • nannygladys
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I love gps too HappyMonday, mine was given to me when her parents rejected her so she was quite young, but she is such a friendly little thing and so cute even though she looks her age now.
    I have actually been out today, taken stuff to charity depot, garden rubbish to tip, shopping for food etc only spent within my budget. I am still having a sort out, I haven't got a lot of stuff but I seem to accumulate other peoples so some of that is slowly going too!! just hope they don't want it back after all these years lol
    That's about it really, looking after youngest dgd tomorrow for a couple of hours, so I will enjoy that and then when I get back home I might get the sewing machine out, I enjoy all types of sewing but sometimes its a bit of a faff getting everything out, even though I have a craft room (sounds grand but its the box room really ha ha!!)
    Nannyg
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well quite pleased with my progress.

Managed to reduce my food budget a bit last month, but there's still room for improvement. This month going to have more of a use up month and really try harder. Got some free apples, will cook and freeze.

Managed to get a refund of £130 for an insurance overpayment, and also got £25 for selling some unwanted stuff. Nice little bonus.:D

Ordered a few bits for Christmas presents but definitely not going mad this year. We have made a family pact not to spend much this year. We all have far too much stuff as it is.

Managed to source some cheap firewood for my open fire in my kitchen/diner, so nice and cosy whilst I'm just pottering about, without having to have the ch on all day.

Aiming to have a no spend month, other than food and petrol and the odd cinema trip. I've got the Meerkat 241 app so it's a cheap treat.
  • nannygladys
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Another frugal day, not a spend day, enjoyed company of DGD for a few hours and hm food to eat.
    Nannyg
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • lykkelig
    lykkelig Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I'm posting to let you know that I'm following in hopeful readiness for a new thread in 2020 so I can find my feet and join in properly.
    2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 4/66 coupons spent
    2020 Frugal Living Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family