* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to hear about your Christmas food Peppapig. What a nightmare. I’m always worried my chest freezer in the garage packing in. I have so much meat in there.

Hope you are feeling better JJ x

Can’t remember who was looking for coffee lovers ideas. TK maxx have nice small cafetière and french press pots. Anything like after eights go well too. I love coffee creams, Whitaker’s or Walkers (can’t remember which) do great coffee creams pretty close to the Roses ones. I’ve got them in B&M and Poundland before.

I’m pretty organised this year. I just have a couple more presents to buy and to decorate the table.
    I start a new job on Wednesday. I’m really nervous and worry I’ve made a mistake. I’m currently a catering assistant in a primary school. I’m moving to be a classroom assistant in a High school. I often get frustrated with my current Job and it’s hard work for little return. But I’ve been there, so I guess I’m comfortable there. I’m worried I won’t know what I’m doing, or don’t like it :o
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Nic2075 I'm sure you put a lot of thought into changing jobs, and worst case, if you decide it's not for you, you can always look for something else. Better to have tried something out than be left wondering.

Christmas here is not going to be exactly as planned after all, but we will make the best of it. Good job I was organised earlier in the year otherwise a lot of things that have been done would not be happening.

Peppa does your contents insurance cover you for freezer contents? I thought ours was going to go last week, I was away with work and OH called to say the RCD had tripped 6 times. Turns out it was a socket the toaster was plugged in to. I suspect it was prob damaged by the surge from the lightning strike earlier this year...the one we are still battling our insurers over.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Well fellow Christmas lovers I lost a few days to an awful bug (I am never ill!) and am a lot less organised than usual at this stage but I have just two cards to make and I am done. Wrapping was finally finished yesterday and some parcels were given to recipients on Sunday to get them out of my way.

Hope everyone's plans are coming together and there is little stress for all. Today is my last day off now before the main event so I don't plan to do much :rotfl:
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Sorry I’ve been busy lately but still been reading your posts. Glad to see that everyone is nearly ready for Christmas 2019.

:xmastree:

I assume that you would be happy enough for me to start the new thread on Christmas Eve for Christmas 2020. Any suggestions for a thread title would be much appreciated! :)

A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • kerri_gt
    Sorry I’ve been busy lately but still been reading your posts. Glad to see that everyone is nearly ready for Christmas 2019.

I assume that you would be happy enough for me to start the new thread on Christmas Eve for Christmas 2020. Any suggestions for a thread title would be much appreciated! :)

Not quite sure of the exact title but surely it's got to have something mentioning the new decade in it somehow?
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Thanks to everyone for the commiserations on the freezer malfunction. Unfortunately the excess on the insurance would make it not worth claiming for the lost food but at least I had time to reorder. I’ve got a shopping g delivery tomorrow with some of the Christmas food in it but the main one is Friday so if anything doesn’t arrive I’ve still got a few days to fall back on plan B (ie run round manically buying whatever’s left lol).

Yes please 3FORHOLIDAYS, a shiny new thread will be lovely although maybe starting Boxing Day or the day after rather than Christmas Eve to avoid confusion? Right, some ideas to start the ball rolling on a new name............

O Christmas Tree
    Seven Swans a Swimming (or any of the 12 days)
    The 12 Months of Christmas
    Deep and Crisp and Even
    Silver Bells
    ‘twas the night before Christmas
    Merry Christmas Everyone

Hope everyone is enjoying the run up to the big day. xx
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • PeppaPig Your idea about starting our new thread on Boxing Day or 27th December would probably be fine as it would allow everyone to chat about Christmas 2019 in the current thread. I am visiting relations on Boxing Day so the new thread won’t be possible until 27th December. Thanks for your suggestions on titles. :)

kerri gt Liking your idea of mentioning the new decade in the thread title. I’ll have a think.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Feeling really Christmassy here as there’s been lots of festive things going on, we went to the theatre on Saturday to see ‘Aladdin’ with Lee Mead and Joe Pasquale – it was brilliant! Wiggle was mostly behaved. :p I wasn’t sure what to expect as I’ve only been to a panto once before when I was little and I can’t remember it, but we really enjoyed it. We then went to visit Father Christmas on Sunday which was lovely, and the local Round Table came round the estate pulling Father Christmas along and collecting charity donations Monday night, the boys were really excited. I went to Wiggle’s nativity play this morning and I hate to say it but it was really disappointing, Wiggle is in Y1 and the nativity was done with Y2, but basically we just sat through nearly an hour of a Y2 nativity. Y1 were sat on the floor to the side of the stage and occasionally stood up to sing some songs but I could barely see him. I so wish each year could just do their own nativity.

I’ve been busy making chocolate orange brownies this week as gifts for friends and I’ve just got some presents for DH to wrap. I’ve nearly finished the online food shop and will just be keeping fingers crossed that most of it arrives. I’m trying to get everything done by Saturday as that’s when we’re off to Gloucestershire so I’m really looking forward to next week as I’ll finally be able to relax a bit.

nic I can totally understand why you feel like that, but as kerri said if you don’t like it you don’t have to stay, it was a big decision for you to make but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Stokie sorry to hear you’ve been ill, hope you feel better now.

3forholidays thank you for offering to do the thread again, it is much appreciated. I personally like the idea of it still being Christmas themed as it is a love of Christmas that brings us all here. Loving Peppa’s suggestions, especially ‘O Christmas Tree.’
  • aimeemum
    aimeemum Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    I've been so busy with prep and the puppy that I've barely been on here....it's been a whirlwind but I seem to have landed today and feel like I need to spend the next 3 days getting finalised ready for the kids breaking up. I like to be all ready with only a little bit of food outstanding at that point and I'm on target. I have 3 presents to order tomorrow with my last pay packet....I had hoped to get them this week but the pup, his jabs, and a visit to/from MIL's house cost me that money in fees and fuel :( Anyway, I know it'll all be good and I just have to pray that it gets here on time :eek: I have a few boxes of chocs arriving in my grocery order tomorrow too, and a couple of little stocking fillers, but other than that I'm done :D Meal plan is done, Tesco order done (aside from the goose I had on order is now no longer available.....bit of an issue but the turkey is on there still and if we have to go on a 'goose chase' on the 23rd, then so be it! :D Not the end of the world.

Looking forward to keeping up the momentum into the new year. I'm settle myself some goals for 2020 and one is the make sure I have Christmas saved for by October 1st! :D
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • kerri_gt
    Someone has just reminded me in another thread that we are heading into the 'Roaring 20's' how on earth was the millennium 20yrs ago! :eek:

Yes deff think the title of the thread should still be Christmas themed, just meant us adding a little twist / play in words to it with the new decade / roaring 20's thing ...unfortunately I'm currently out of creative juices.

Delivered some gifts and a card last night, just one friend left to see with her gift / card and them that's them all done, except DA /DU whom I'll give to my mum for when she sees them.

OH has some bits for Xmas but nothing that seemed very cohhearant, im still in need of something for DM, we went to the theatre with DN last weekend and I bought the tickets as Xmas gift but I'd still like to get her something for Xmas day besides currently the sum total of a box of Turkish delight. I was going to get a bunch of Christmas flowers but also looked at some bulbs or something (plants not light) but then it all seems a bit samey....ideas anyone?
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family