* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Vulpix- spot on Mrs!!! Lets do it!:T:j
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    I’m in for a monthly challenge whether it’s crafting, buying or just things to spoil ourselves (especially things to spoil ourselves:D) I’m another one who enjoys reading what everyone is up to and I’m happy to bore you all with my pretty mundane life:D I think it’s a bit of a vicious circle really, the less posts there are to read the less you come on and if you don’t come on you don’t post. I'm glad you brought it up MURIE, I’ll definitely try and do better.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    ^^^ what vulpix said :beer:

Although you asked for it...currently having a day of housework (on 'holiday') but so far virtually everything I touch goes to pot, I've just broken a box putting things away, keep bumping into stuff etc. It's amazing I managed to iron without inflicting 3rd degree burns. Think I'm having a case of more haste less speed, so currently having a cuppa, deep breaths and start again....
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    murie, I see you found them, but the emojis are when you go advanced rather than quick reply. You are right about the chatter. I guess I sometimes feel my life is too boring, and always the same, so I don’t say much. Not complaining, don’t need any dramas lol. But I’ll try and just post more chatter x

I am busy with my eldest DD’s dancing at the moment, she has a big competition coming up next weekend. It’s highland dancing they do, but next week is a big choreography comp. something different for them. It’s the only comp they do that is different from their set highland dances. She is in 2 dances, she has been asked to dance with the adults as she is tall and fits in with them. She is just 13, so she is so nervous she lets them down. It’s a tricky but fantastic dance. So im looking forward to my weekend away in Oban for this comp. several drinks will need to be had to calm my nerves :rotfl:
    But it’s one of my favourite weekends of the year.

It means we are up at dance class 3-4 days a week at the moment, as well as practicing at home. It’s a lot when you have 2 other kids and dance class is an hour away. But we love it
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If anyone is looking for a good thrilling read, I highly recommend Verity by Colleen Hoover. I could only find it on kindle form, don’t think it was released ok paper yet. But well worth it.

I also not long finished reading Stillhouse lake by Rachel Caine. It’s a series of 3. The 3rd one came out in April. All 3 books I couldn’t put down.

Happy to get any recommendations too. I love Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs and similar. I like thrillers. No romance novels.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I don't really read thriller type novels. I'm more a lover of the chick-lit/romance genre.

I did read After The Crash by Michel Bussi which is a detective fiction mystery/thriller which I'd seen recommended in a newspaper recently.

I'm patiently waiting on the new releases from my favourite authors coming into the library (Sinead Moriarty & Sheila O'Flanagan). I've already got my name down on the waiting list! I'm being very MSE as I usually only read the book once so I'm quite happy to borrow the book and return it. The downside is that you only get 2 weeks to read it because it is a new release and there are other people waiting for the book - so you need to be a bit of a speedy reader. Not a problem for me as I've had to read 2 books within a fortnight when 2 books became available at the same time!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,307 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Yay! we have our mojo back.

I for one would love some chat to keep me grounded.My life has been unreal the past 7 months,but things are much calmer now and I now have the head space to want to do anything/something other than be hysterical.

Lets do a challenge for May.How about a self care / feel good one? I for one could benefit from being outside a lot more ( currently in a wheelchair) I certainly could do with a bit of pampering too and lose some weight. I find i can't concentrate for reading presently,I am too hyper.

I have managed some time in my garden,sat on the floor and playing in the dirt.My garden gives me a lot of pleasure. I am waiting for rain so everything will grow.Unpopular I know!

We are decluttering with a view to moving.You think you don't have much... I have been selling stuff on FB.We have almost £1000 and that is only 6 weeks.We have only streamlined the shed,garden and kitchen cupboards.The massive attic is stuffed but I cant get up there,which Mr V is glad about as he isn't looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any ideas for a task for May?

Vx
     :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yay!! We are back on form and on a roll!!

Nic- you must be very proud of your DD (s)- kids sports activities and hobbies can be very tiring (and expensive) for their parents, so its lovely to see when they do really well at them. Is your DD having an easier time at school now?

3fortheholidays- I thought about what you said and I honestly cant remember the last book (or time) I actually read a book! Shameful!
    Im very much like Vulpix in that I cant stay in one place for very long so Im not one for the TV either. Im a fidget and always need to have a project on the go- drives DH mad. Recently we have redecorated 3 rooms and touched up our room in just over a week- thats going it even for me! Now I have started on the garden make over (although I have a feeling that I may regret that at some point). I have days when i am so shattered from being in the garden that I cant wait to fall into bed- then I cant sleep as I have all these plans flying around in my mind :rotfl:

Vulpix- Glad to hear that you can still manage to organise Mr V from your wheelchair! Can't keep a good woman down xx. (The frustration of being restricted to a chair (let alone the reason its happened) must be incredible- no wonder its taken a while to come to terms with , especially when your beloved garden is calling. Have you been able to keep up with your craft group?
    Blimey you've done well to make that much from the facebook sales! Have you found a property that you like yet? xx.

A self care challenge would be a grand idea! I think we all take ourselves for granted a little too much.
    I shaved my legs the other day for the first time in ages (probably Christmas if I am being honest!) as I thought I would be getting my legs out at the weekend as the weather was nice . I painted my trotters too in order to be sandal ready and I felt 'put together' for the first time in ages. It felt good and added a spring to my step that I realised hadn't been there for a while- I felt ladylike and feminine rather than a drudge -like dog walker/decorator/gardener/chief cook and bottle wash.

So its a big YES from me for self care x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Murie I'm the same with ideas going round in my head at bedtime. I also can't sit down for long, except I am also an avid reader which is the one time I do sit down. I can devour books like a hungry caterpillar which is my main reason for staying on the Shop n Scan panel, to fund my kindle habit.

I like action / thriller type books with a historical twist. Currently I'm reading books that are set in the present day and a bit 'Jason Bourne' but with the plots focused around the history of the Knights Templar. Find them quite an easy read but enjoy the historical learning too.

Vulpix we're not moving but I am on declutter mode...think it's the change in seasons. Well done on the FB sales.

Is it just me or does it feel like everyone has come out of hibernation these past few days...like little MSE hedgehogs emerging from our post Christmas snooze with the good weather :D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I wouldn’t say that I read a massive amount - only about 10 books a year. I’ve started to download some digital copies of magazines via my library membership but it does mean spending a lot of time looking at a screen which is probably not good for my eyes. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family