Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I bought the one thing I wanted in the 50% sale, decided for the sake of a further measles 20% off it was better to buy now, not have any stress about 'I have to try and get X' at the 70% sale.

Which means I now have zero 'need' to bother with the 70% sale, where I'd prob have spent more than the 20% saving in the one thing I did want, on items I didn't 'need'. So not only can I save myself the time, effort and money going to the 70% sale, I will also save the petrol too :money:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• catswiththumbs
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I bought the one thing I wanted in the 50% sale, decided for the sake of a further measles 20% off it was better to buy now, not have any stress about 'I have to try and get X' at the 70% sale.

Which means I now have zero 'need' to bother with the 70% sale, where I'd prob have spent more than the 20% saving in the one thing I did want, on items I didn't 'need'. So not only can I save myself the time, effort and money going to the 70% sale, I will also save the petrol too :money:

I'm feeling a bit "meh" about it now - sick of the hype around gift sets that IMO are a load of tat. Loads of cardboard packaging around stuff that could have come from the poundshops. A lot of new ranges this year that I've never heard of and my locals have no Sanctuary, Champneys, No7, Soap & Glory left anyway which are the only things I would be half interested in. There's definitely not much interest on this page this year either - perhaps the Boots Sale bubble has finally burst. When they changed from 75% to 70% might have been the start...
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm also not feeling the urge so much this year either!
    Giving it a miss would do me no harm as I need to run my stash down. Although I know I won't be able to resist the urge if I can make it.

I also think people get sick of the same sort of stuff every year. Too much unnecessary packaging in impractical shaped boxes too. People are more on the look out for different things.

Although I don't need to buy for them, I also seem to know more and more vegans who must be difficult to buy for. It's definitely on the rise and I'd say something Boots probably need to think about for Christmases to come as most of them wouldn't be able to consider a Boots gift set on principal. Sales in Lush must be through the roof with this in mind and those that are trying to reduce their 'plastic footprint'.
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I missed the January 2017 (illness) and January 2018 (post surgery) Boots 70% sales - and as the world didn't stop turning, I am ambivalent to trying to get to this year's event - if it ever happens :o

Also, since we have had the bath swapped out for a walk in shower I am having to work my way through gallons of bubble bath - it goes further when used in the shower so a bottle lasts three times as long!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Steph919
    Options
    Does anyone think it's tomorrow? X
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,918 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Steph919 wrote: »

See post 161.

Doubtful as staff issues would be in place, in theory.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Steph919
    Options
    Yes I think your right, there's so many different days flying around that people are saying. I'm just confused lol x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    loveasale wrote: »
    Can’t be much left in stores now ?

The Boots in city centres have little left. The one near my work is in a small town. About half of the area of gift sets still have loads
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The Boots in city centres have little left. The one near my work is in a small town. About half of the area of gift sets still have loads
    It really is a load of carp, though. The heyday is over.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Steph919 wrote: »

No, definitely not tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing