Post of the Month - June

Options

Comments

• yinnie
    yinnie Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to nominate both Browntoa and Drahcir for their unfailing and very patient help in unlocking hundreds of Nokia phones for MSE users for free.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=594543#post594543

also for the codes given here for other mobiles that can be unlocked remotely.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=43994
    I very much agree - I've been trawling through the phone unlocking posts and seen that browntoa and drahcir have selflessly helped so many people to unlock their phones.

drahcir has just helped me unlock my phone for which I'm very grateful as it can be quite a headache to get it right. They really deserve an award as a big thank you :T
  • pug_in_a_bed
    pug_in_a_bed Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to nominate soolin from the ebay board; she always provides consistently fabulous detailed answers which, even though I've been an ebayer for years now, I was often unaware of!

She answers so frequently she must sleep under her computer desk. (I don't know if she's won before).

She also goes beyond the call of duty in helping people with ebay related problems. I love the ebay board, it gets my blood pressure right up!

There, not done that before!
  • susieb
    susieb Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would like to nominate wendiewoo for sending the scoobie e books to everyone, especially as shes had her bag stolen and was shook up

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=62461
    Always on the hunt for a bargain
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd like to nominate newbie Suda for sorting out my problem with Sage software. I've not been able to balance my accounts for the past 2 months as I didn't know what to do with a credit note. This might not seem much to most people, but it's really helped me sort this out, thanks Suda.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=612478#post612478
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Caixta
    Caixta Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    Browntoa, for being selfless and helpful and just doing it for the good of the Money Saving Community!
    "By not unsettling men, you will reassure them. By unsettling men either through timidity or malice, you are always compelled to keep a knife in hand." - Niccolo Machiavelli, 1469-1527
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I want to nominate this tip by mhoc because it is the sort of consumer information that should be more widely known!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=64070

I, for one, was not aware that Tesco could provide 'raincheck' vouchers for BOGOF offers that are out of stock and have missed out on many offers before! :mad:
  • mr_chiquita
    Options
    I would like to nominate deanos for his thread about the heads up about the digital camers sale at Boots

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=63447&page=1&pp=10

Scored me and quite a few others a nice little bargain.

Cheers
  • nemo183
    nemo183 Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    Hi.

Although I accept that "post of the month" should maybe take into account the person with the most nominations to large degree, I'd also like to suggest that there are some quiet backwaters of the site where some people make postings that don't help the majority to save a few quid, but instead provide some real help/support/sources of info for some minority issues that only affect a few members, but who's help could make a real improvement to their lives.

To this end, I'd like to nominate Ted_Hutchinson who, in the benefits section, has helped me beyond the call of duty in both public and private postings with help with an application for higher rate mobility allowance for my son.

Thanks Ted.

Best wishes to all,

Roger
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to nominate Queenie for her daily Old Style threads on... you guessed - the Old Style board. There was a minor panic yesterday when she didn't start it until early evening, which shows how popular and invaluable it feels, after quite a short time.

These threads are doing so much to make that board feel even more like a real community, and it's so welcoming to feel able to join in even if we don't have any earth-shattering tips to impart that day, in order to say hello to other Old Stylers on a daily basis. I post on a few other sites, and have to say Old Style is far and away the friendliest board of them all, and people like Queenie make it so.

It is the first thread I look for now when I log in every day - just soaking up the friendly supportive atmosphere puts a smile on my face.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• wendytiggermad
    Options
    Three cheers for Browntoa for helping all of us moneysavers he has earnt post of the month :T :T :T :T
    :T :A :T :A:T :A :T :A :T :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport