Forum Home » Debt-Free Wannabe » Debt Free Diaries

I think i need a diary - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

I think i need a diary

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
239 replies 14.7K views

Replies

• jwiljwil Forumite
    12K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your car is on it's last legs, don't use the savings for the flights unless you really have to. They always go at the wrong time, and it would be so helpful if you've got the money there for a replacement.

Just carry on trying to get the money for the flights from elsewhere in the meantime.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • NeverendingDMPNeverendingDMP Forumite
    571 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Thank you jwil. This is what i need sometimes. Dh is not interested and sometimes i need some straight talking to confirm what to do.
    When i first started the help to save finding 50 a month was hard work but im used to it now so its good if i can treat it as forgotten money. Ideally i would save the full 4 years but if i can get to the 2 year point for the full bonus i will be happy.
    In other news today is the day my gas and electric supplier swaps over. Thank goodness its been 12 months of utter nonsense with my previous supplier. I didnt get cashback but i am happy with my new supplier and there systems so it will do for me x
    Ive also had my latest bill from breakfast and afterschool club and its 20 quid less than i guessed. Happy days!
    35,213 - Jan 2018, 18330 remaining.
    Mortgage 77224- 71034
    EF =348
    571 posts
    ✭✭
    I got my wageslip yesterday for my second job. First payday tommorrow. Im on 20% tax but that will be some kind of enforced savings account as i will get some of it back in a tax rebate at some point. Im not updating my 2019 pounds challenge till the money lands but its almost here...
    One of my shifts this weekend has been cancelled but ive been offered a different one instead so budget unaffected -although hours not as kid friendly.
    In other news ive added the debt im refusing to fully agree to in my signature. Ive also added the amount on a credit card i have that i use then pay off etc. Up until recently i always used and paid in the same month so it was a debt but i had the money already in my account. When we had vet bills crop up last year it shifted to using the card and paying in full the next month so is actually a debt if that makes any sense. Im just kidding myself if i dont add it to my signature. Its a bit down heartening to see especially as 970 of the debt i am disputing but thats how it goes.
    Mortgage 77224- 71034
    EF =348
    571 posts
    ✭✭
    Just so i can log it as my signature will reduce over time and this way i can see any progress.

A) Still in use c card 521. Aiming to be at 0 by July 2019

B) New Debt im disputing 971- if they agree to remove the interest i will offer to repay it as part of my dmp.
    If not they will have a small payment till they get fed up sell it and i settle in many years for what i agree i owe......

C) My PRA balance is 1628. Paying 5 a month hoping to make a f and f offer in a couple of years

D) DH PRA. 2809. I pay 17 a month. Will leave it like that. Has been cca but paperwork all recieved back.

E) DH credit card defaulted 5060. Paying 21 a month and will leave it like that.

F) My name. LOAN being managed by wescott. 7541 owing. Pay 31 a month.
    The loan was originally for 7500 so im tantilisingly close to having paid off all the interest....... consolidation loans are not a brilliant idea in most cases folks.
    I will continue to pay as normal but they have in the past said they would settle at 75% so i know if i come into money there is a conversation to be had to get that lower.

Im also trying to resist the urge to pay an extra 10 next month to get it below the 7500 mark. I could but it just opens up a can of worms so i should probably wait.

G) LOAN again in my name 11168 remaining but sold to a DCA. Paying 39 a month. They appear to be a v large organisation who are not organised. they have agreed this repayment for 2 years and again if I get some money together Im sure they would settle. Thid debt is slightly annoying in that it was for home improvements on our last house. If paying properly this debt would have already finished but ibviously we are not so theres a few years left yet.

Well what a long post.
    Targets by end of 2019 then. Debt A to be 0. Debt B to have some sort of resolution as to what I owe and total debt to be below 30000 again.
    Mortgage 77224- 71034
    EF =348
    571 posts
    ✭✭
    After all that i forgot one 1316. DH C card. Not defaulted but not in use. He pays 20 a month of this. He pays this one, still included in the total though
    Mortgage 77224- 71034
    EF =348
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's frustrating to see the numbers go up, but if you have some luck disputing you'll be able to take it off again, and now you know that's everything, it can only go downwards :T
    571 posts
    ✭✭
    What goes up must come down. Debt to increase then hopefully decrease if i empty the emergency fund...sob sob....

Washing machine knackered. Ive done lots of things as shown on youtube to fix it. Dont ask me what i did but none of it worked- it seems to be something to do with the electrical board so a new machine is required.......
    Ive had a gut feeling it wasnt quite right for a few weeks now so im not suprised. New basic model being delivered sunday. Had to resist paying 20 quid for it to come tommorow instead. Im sure I can cope for one day- pile of soggy towels in the bathroom thinks otherwise....
    Mortgage 77224- 71034
    EF =348
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How annoying about the washing machine. At least you had the EF x
    571 posts
    ✭✭
    Washing machine here and on a test run. Hoping i can scrimp and re work the budget so i only use half of emergency fund to cover it but not sure. Im off today so i can wash wash wash then budget budget budget. The second job and emergency fund have proved useful even though it was meant to be kept as savings....
    I must think positively in that i will have paid two childrens parties and three sets of childrens pressies, spent 140 at the garage and got a new washer without the original debt increasing. Aside from the debt in dispute the money we owe is still less than it was in december so im awarding myself points for trying.
    I have been limping it to payday on tuesday without using the c card so have pretty bare cupboards. I had an online delivery booked to restock on payday but have just been in and reduced it by 20 pounds. Ive changed it so ive ordered enough to last till next weekend then back to aldi it is.
    Mortgage 77224- 71034
    EF =348
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've done really well to manage all that :T