I think i need a diary

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,262 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope interview has a positive result :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Wishing you luck with your interview result.... sounds as though it would make a big difference. Even if this one doesn't pan out you know what you can look for in the future. :)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Didnt get the job. Bit gutted. Could have done it and been good at it once inducted but stronger candidates on the day apparently. Feedback was positive and they said not to hesitate to reapply if another job comes up with them. May just have been general patter during the sorry you havent got it phonecall but nice of them to say it either way.
    Anyhow onwards and upwards. My curent job is okay but is low paid has no prospects and i spend half of my working week sat doing nothing as i actually have nothing to do. I have raised this but was told to slow down and pace myself. If i did my work any slower i could audition for the part of the sloth in the kids film SING. At first it was nice to be paid for sitting in an office doing sweet FA but honestly its ridiculous.
    Anyway i digress. My budget continues as normal and savings must continue. Im still going ahead with agency work once im signed off and will await my mri results before looking at any other jobs.
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 16.6k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • beanielou
    Keep plodding.
    Their loss.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Shame about the job :(
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Sorry that you didn't get the job, their loss at the end of the day.

The right job will be just around the corner xx
  • Thanks everyone. Im less grumpy today. Have had to book the car in the garage though as ABS light turned on and wont come off. Im becoming a regular at the garage so did request can it be a loose wire with ten minutes labour cost kind of job. He laughed and said no promises. Heres hoping. All three littles have their birthdays before easter so this is always a skint quarter of the year no matter how hard i plan. I pay my council tax over 12 months but am wondering whether to try over 10 months this year to see if it eases the post christmas early birthday pain. Ill have a think when the new bills come.
    No news yet from the agency. Still need a reference from my current boss. She said she sent it beg of last week so im sure it will turn up soon.
  • beanielou
    Actually a good idea to do council tax over 10 months if you can.
    I always find it really helpful to do it like that.

• I think i will. I spread it to 12 when i first went with stepchange as i really struggled with the monthly budget because they spread benefits bills etc over 12 months but bills like c tax and tax credit and child benefit payments dont really fit that mould. Now im self managed i can deal with this easier so it may work better for me to have two months off in the first quarter of the year to ease the pain
  • beanielou
    Yes, I can catch up with bits & bobs :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure