We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

anyone intrested in this challenge?

124»

Comments

  • Morning!

    I'm thinking about doing my food shop today and can't wait to go for the blue and white stripes - you can get a big bag of dorito's thingys for 18p and a pack of 4 creme caramels for 44p - so many bargains to be had - my cupboards and fridge have never looked healthier

    Bring on the challenge !!!!!
  • hgbels
    hgbels Posts: 131 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    hi all

    we have been doing this for years - or should I say since I met my DH 15 years ago.

    One of the first things he did was make me look at the prices in the supermarket. Before that I just put in whatever I fancied.
    He used to stand in the baked bean isle, saying things like you can have 5 tims of own brand or one of heinz - so you can just take the beans out of two cans and leave the sauce if you think there are not enought beans in them.

    Ho humm - I'm still happily with him 15 years on - I do think he would give Martin a good run for his money on money management somedays.

    However - since we have had the Lo's I think more brands are creeping back in as shopping is more presurised. Must try harder I think.

    Main thing I wont change is Diet coke - did try others but prefer 'proper', and I have just switched from Robinsons Blackcurrent and apple to own brand lemon, due to Robinsons changing the receipe.

    Good luck to all - I will pop in from time to time to see how you are getting on - and go back to sending DH out on his own for shopping - he really does only buy what is on the list.

    Hels
  • Hi all,

    Well I did my weekly shop at the weekend... budget £15.00.. spent.... wait for it..........




    £9.23!!!! YAY!
    And I got enough for MORE than 1 week... went to the pound shop and got my washing powder... got mostly own brands from Morrisons. I'm SO chuffed that I called my mum and told her!!! ha ha! how sad am I? I guess she knows how much I've got to budget now I'm living on my own!!!

    Small victories, huh?!?!
    how'd you guys get on?
    LP
    xox
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.