• Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad you are enjoying the new motor.

It's no Almera of course...
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just to update everyone I really thought long and hard about this and decided to order a new Duster 1.3 TCe 150BHP. Delivery in a few weeks so will keep you posted on how I get on with it.
  • SimbaSimon
    SimbaSimon Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How's it going?

I just ordered a new duster with the 1.3 TCE 115 engine, so much car for your money and test drive was very smooth. 3 weeks for delivery though while the new ones come through France.
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 19 July 2019 at 12:50PM
    Options
    I'm absolutely loving it! probably the most fun car I've driven in a very long time, and comfortable. Its got plenty of poke and the ride is lovely, especially over our poor UK roads! Can't for the life of me see why people would pay double/tripple for the same experience.... :)

The best thing however is watching BMW/Audi drivers scream past - for some reason they absolutely cannot be behind me! :)

When deciding on the next car my wife and son frowned on my decision and made jokes about getting paper bags for their heads, but they have come round and like driving it also....

one thing I would say is get the fitted rubber lipped passenger/boot mats - these are great and are so easy to clean. quick sponge down and back to looking new...
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Our Sandero has the boot lip protector and the boot liner. :) No passenger sill protectors though.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wymondham wrote: »
    I'm absolutely loving it! probably the most fun car I've driven in a very long time, and comfortable. Its got plenty of poke and the ride is lovely, especially over our poor UK roads! Can't for the life of me see why people would pay double/tripple for the same experience.... :)

The best thing however is watching BMW/Audi drivers scream past - for some reason they absolutely cannot be behind me! :)

When deciding on the next car my wife and son frowned on my decision and made jokes about getting paper bags for their heads, but they have come round and like driving it also....

one thing I would say is get the fitted rubber lipped passenger/boot mats - these are great and are so easy to clean. quick sponge down and back to looking new...

Hmmm.

I think that's a bit of reverse snobbery on your part.
  • Arklight
    Options
    wymondham wrote: »

I used to find that in the Almera. You sometimes get to wave to them later while they're waiting for the AA on the grass verge.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Arklight wrote: »
    I used to find that in the Almera. You sometimes get to wave to them later while they're waiting for the AA on the grass verge.

Ah yes the fantasy comments of people trying to justify their life choices to themselves. :D

Personally, I overtake cars for three reasons

* They are not keeping up with the flow of traffic / speed limit - usually the 40mph Freddies who do 40mph in a 70, 60, 50, 40, 30 and 20 limits and who get irate when cars overtake them in a 60.
    * They are driving badly and i'd rather be in front of them than behind them - dont use indicators, brake suddenly for no apparent reason, dont really know where they're going but making it everyone elses problem.
    * Their car is that hideous that its hurting my eyes. ;)

I suspect if i have ever overtaken someone like you in your type of car, its been for one of those, not because i feel any need to prove anything to complete strangers. :)
  • Arklight
    Options
    Well as long as you get to brag about it on the internet, eh chief?
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Our Sandero has the boot lip protector and the boot liner. :) No passenger sill protectors though.

How is the Sandero? My daughter is looking at them for her first car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure