Dacia Duster (2018 version)

Options

Comments

• SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Do you ride the clutch on other roads?

No, if I'm going to be changing gears often I position my foot on the peddle without pressing it. This becomes uncomfortable after a time as you are holding your foot in place rather than resting on, and pressing the peddle.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SG27 wrote: »
    No, if I'm going to be changing gears often I position my foot on the peddle without pressing it. This becomes uncomfortable after a time as you are holding your foot in place rather than resting on, and pressing the peddle.

So you do then.
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    So you do then.

Troll.......
  • Tokk
    Tokk Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest, my objection to op would be the suggestion that a Duster isn't "samey"...
    They're everywhere, they're not particularly interesting to look at and besides being a relatively immature badge compared to major players, there's nothing that sets them out as different/new to me - it's a fairly basic car, "same old".
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    there isn't really anywhere to rest your foot if you want to take it off the clutch when cruising on motorways etc.

:eek::eek::eek:
  • peter12345678910
    Options
    There is nothing like a footrest dead pedal especially when coasting. Worth checking if it is an optional modification. I have noticed a white Dacia duster in my work car park seems to be keeping it's age over the years which is what you want.
    When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. Nietzsche

Please note that at no point during this work was the kettle ever put out of commission and no chavs were harmed during the making of this post.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So your foot hovers just above the pedal, not actually touching it, even lightly?

That sounds very uncomfortable in any car.

Why not just put it on the floor...?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 February 2019 at 9:59AM
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Why not just put it on the floor...?
    +1. No need to "hover" over the clutch - simply put your foot on the floor underneath the clutch pedal. (It's not exactly onerous to move your foot back to the pedal when needed).
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do they do an auto?
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    I've no experience of the Duster, but I bought a Dacia Sandero Stepway 14 months ago, previously having had a Mondeo Estate Titanium for seven years.

My circumstances changed and I needed a smaller, cheaper vehicle, and the Stepway fits the bill ideally. It's done everything I've wanted, from sitting in the street for two weeks doing nothing right up to a 1,700 trip to France over 10 days, and not missing a beat.

And the biggest test - would I have another one? In a heartbeat.

PS. It's top spec and 1500 diesel. No three pot petrol for me.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure