Sun from £9.50 holiday codes January 2019

Options

Comments

• chi_ho
    chi_ho Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Essex Boy. Really appreciate you doing this every year and helping everyone
  • omear786
    omear786 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone know a good holiday park similar to butlins skegness that includes rides fairground and indoor swimming like spalsh zone for this 9.50 holiday?
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    omear786 wrote: »
    Anyone know a good holiday park similar to butlins skegness that includes rides fairground and indoor swimming like spalsh zone for this 9.50 holiday?

There are some sites with funfair rides in UK but they're not free like at Butlins
    But then Butlins entertainment passes are very expensive but you get your money worth
    Ever thought of going outside UK, Duinrell Holland, you live on a Theme Park, it also has a Water Park with poo your pants slides, there's also a children's water park with slow slides
    Theme Park is free, water world is €5 per 2 hours
  • kiagirl
    kiagirl Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just a quick question both booking methods - do you have to put 4 date options? I can only do Aug dates as I work in a school which is really tricky as the other available dates always comes up first.

Many thanks
  • essex_boy
    Options
    kiagirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just a quick question both booking methods - do you have to put 4 date options? I can only do Aug dates as I work in a school which is really tricky as the other available dates always comes up first.

Many thanks

You do have to put in 4 dates and sites
    Online the system won't progress to the next step until you do so
    You can put 2 dates if applying by post but it'll severely limit your chance of getting what you want
    School holidays are also Easter, February and October
    You don't pay until you're happy with the date and site offered
    August dates will go so fast, so best to have a plan B
  • bitm2007
    bitm2007 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 January 2019 at 8:08AM
    Options
    kiagirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Many thanks

The best way I've found around this is to check what dates the parks your interested in staying at are open on their websites (very few are open in early February and late November). Then put the dates in August you can do at the top of the booking form, and dates the parks aren't open further down. This forces the booking site to only list holiday availability (if there is any) at the time of year you want to stay.
  • essex_boy
    Options
    Today's code word is WAXY
  • kiagirl
    kiagirl Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you that’s really helpful! Xx
  • jetsetradion
    Options
    Hi essex boy - thanks for your effort on this thread.

I see that you are going abroad using Sun Holidays. Can I ask how you normally book your transport? Flights/Ferry/Tunnel? What is the cheapest/easiest method you've found? I'm tied to school holidays so would that make it a lot more expensive (I'm guessing so)? I'm also guessing you don't book your transport until you have booked the actual holidays with the Sun?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
  • essex_boy
    Options
    Hi essex boy - thanks for your effort on this thread.

I see that you are going abroad using Sun Holidays. Can I ask how you normally book your transport? Flights/Ferry/Tunnel? What is the cheapest/easiest method you've found? I'm tied to school holidays so would that make it a lot more expensive (I'm guessing so)? I'm also guessing you don't book your transport until you have booked the actual holidays with the Sun?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Hi, I don't drive but I live close to Southend Airport
    I check the prices of flights before choosing my sites and make sure they are accessible by public transport
    I then book and pay once I've booked my holiday

If you do drive it's worth checking the ferry details on the Sun Holiday website, though one of the August dates isn't included in the Dover to Calais ferry deal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure