We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What will you spend, Thursday 8th November.

I love this thread and when I saw it wasn't up today thought I'd better start it. Hope I'm not being presumptuous. My car is in for a service so thay'll cost me zillions I'm sure. Aside from that it should be a NSD. Have a great day everyone.
«134

Comments

  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    £2.50 on a huge bowl of pasta, meatballs and tomato sauce!
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • sammiboo
    sammiboo Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    I am hoping for an NSD today - will update later :)
    March 2006 £15,200+ in debt April £843.64 in debt - Debt Free date Sept 2009
    Egg Credit Card - £843.64 5.7%
  • Shineyhappy
    Shineyhappy Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I am going to have a NSD seeing as last night I spent 250 quid, admitly it was paying off a cc :D but still a lot of money to wave good bye too!
    Debt Free - done
    Mortgage Free - done
    Building up the pension pot
  • rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    Today I've booked my theory test, which cost £28.50. I feel it's a waste of money, as I've already done it, but it expires after two years, so I have to re-take! Shouldn't have to pay for anything else today though. :j
  • poorbabe
    poorbabe Posts: 901 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    :j Today could be my first NSD (fingers crossed). Home-made sarnies, one of the guys bought me a bar of chocolate :T and I nibbled on fruit and drinking lots of water.

    Have to leave work early so am hoping my final piece of fruit and a water/machine tea will keep me going til I finally get home around 6pm.

    Wish me luck!
    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2025. Member #42
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    I've spent £3.30 in Sainsburys on puff pastry, soap powder, satsumas and cashed in my voucher for a free bottle of 'antioxidant diet coke' which is suprisingly yum. Also spent £2.60 in Holland & Barratt on Raspberry Leaf tea for pregnant best friend and rice cakes x
  • Lucy1982 wrote: »
    £2.50 on a huge bowl of pasta, meatballs and tomato sauce!

    oh beat you! tesco meatball and tomato pasta, £1.97!!!
    :A
  • Well it's been a big spending day today - boo hoo...but not totally unexpected - that's ok then.... :p Hee hee. Popped into town and picked up the posh, new specs - £315.00. Then picked up a few groceries, bread and such like - £10.60 and finally popped into the coffee bar for a nice cup of coffee - £1.45 :D

    I must update the budget spreadsheet and put away a little more annually for specs. My last set about 3 years ago were about £60.00 cheaper or thereabouts. :cool:
    :)The £2 Coin Savers Club = £346.00 (£300.00 transferred to Savings a/c)

    :)"Some days you're a Pigeon...some days you're a Statue"
  • elly2
    elly2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    A NSD for me today. Only possible because apart from taking dd to school this morning then ds to nursery this afternoon then picking them up i have no plans to go/do/get anything.
  • Liliboo
    Liliboo Posts: 136 Forumite
    Bad day...£46.31
    I'll just head over to the naughty corner for a while.

    Lil xxx
    Natwest CC: £389.07 (limit £500)
    Natwest OD: £1,932.62 (limit £2,000)
    Mum: £1,500
    Visa CC: £60.04 (limit £250)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.