Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• nomorecredit
    nomorecredit Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 April 2019 at 6:13PM
    Options
    Hi Tea just popping in to say hi good plan to get rid of the CC be nice to have that gone, your caravan savings will be back up in no time you are very focused.

Have a lovely evening
    NMC x
    House Savings - £28.83
    Emergency Savings - £105.19
    Christmas Savings 2020 - £300
    No spend days - 13/15
    Debt:: MBNA: £100/£2,653.25 NEXT: £199.00/£199.00 Paid 13/03/20 :)
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Everybody :)

HHG - yep, PA has been so slow I've stopped checking more than a couple of times a day. You did well with your recent ones though :T

NMC - it's surprising how the pots build up just adding a bit here and there. I've just worked out on a CC calculator if I carried on paying the £120 each month it would cost me nearly £110 in interest to pay the £1k so that will go in my pocket instead :D

In other news, there isn't any :rotfl: We're away for a couple of days but nothing planned apart from lots of walking and fresh air so minimum spending this time. Weather is lovely and we spent yesterday afternoon just sat outside enjoying an ice-cream - from the supermarket. In MSE style we bought 4 for just over the price of one from the on site shop :eek: I sent DS up for milk last time we were here and he came back with 1/2 litre that cost the same as what I usually buy 4 litres for. Needless to say it has to be a real emergency before I use the shop.

Hope you all have a great day. xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,374 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a grand time :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    Options
    Hello All :)

Day 19/30, Prolific £3.05, Spends £29

We're back home and I haven't spent a penny. :j That doesn't mean we haven't had a great time though. The weather has been gorgeous and we've been out and about plenty. I don't expect to be spending anything this weekend so I'm going to have a think about what to do with this weeks money. I feel like treating myself but don't know what to :rotfl: I may just add it to a new pot called Treats so that when I feel like frittering some money away I can do.

I've been reading along and will be visiting you all over the next few days to say hello.

Hope you all have a fab Easter weekend. xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Treats pot sounds good :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    Your couple of days away sounds fantastic Tea! Thoroughly deserved, and it's nice to get some fresh air and exercise. Particularly when the weather is good.

I LOVE the idea of a treats pot and think you should set that up immediately. Whether it's for frittering when the time comes, or for spending on something that you've been coveting, i think it's a lovely idea. I can't believe you haven't spent a penny this week though! :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    A Treats pot sounds like a brilliant idea. Then if you see somehing you like you can buy it for yourself without guilt :). Your afternoon relaxing with ice cream sounds good.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • teafor2
    Options
    Thanks Beanie - just need to think of a treat now, which is proving harder than you'd think. :p

We had a lovely time HG - journey takes less than an hour and the van is all set up and waiting for us so even though we've only been away for 2 nights/3 days it feels a lot longer. I sound like a right miser don't I, but I am a creature of simple needs and my biggest treat this week were the caramel ice-creams - which I sneaked into the weekly shop ;) xx

I really wish I had something I wanted to buy HHD. Actually, we're thinking about moving, we fancy a place by the sea, but not for a few years and my £29 wouldn't buy me much :rotfl: I really feel like having a little splurge on myself, but genuinely can't think of anything I want to buy. Makes me feel a bit of a saddo saying that actually. Everybody should have something they'd really like but I don't :( I might have a look at stationery but I tend to buy it and then don't use it because all I really do is write household lists and a cheapo notebook does the job xx
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    I'm the same as you at the moment, Tea. I have some birthday money in my purse that I'd like to indulge myself with but i can't for the life of me decide what I'd like to spend it on. I think i'm seeing the value in the money more than i used to, so don't just want to blow it on something unnecessary or that I'll forget in a couple of weeks.

I think it's lovely that your biggest treat was a caramel ice cream :) Not miserly at all!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • beanielou
    Options
    teafor2~~ Smarties, mini eggs.............:p

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback