PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Prepping Thread - A Newer Beginning ;)

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How lovely that the last post of 2018 is as a result of someone checking up on someone :) that's a real community :)

Happy New Year.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stupidity of the day award goes to me! I've just lost a huge chunk of filling from a back wisdom tooth because I stupidly ate a toffee! and then I checked the medical kit and I don't have an emergency filling kit...Oh how stupid am I? We have found a pharmacy open in one of the supermarkets so will go and see if they have one and some strong pain killers, it's OK currently but if I get it wrong it's going to hurt like crazy! my worst problem at the moment is the edges are sharp and my tongue is getting sore. Moral of this? always check your medical kit BEFORE a bank holiday!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :(:( Oww. Lyn, that's painful. I hope you get an emergency kit asap.

I have some crowned molars and I asked the dentist how long they could be expected to last? It varies, was his response, but he did note that if anything was to cause them to detatch, it would probably be toffee that did it. I've been very wary of the sticky stuff ever since.

Am prepping for my return to my own homestead this evening and also sorting out the mothership's Bedroom Cupboard of Doom - have to remind Dad not to allow any coats or boxes to rest against the outside wall as it is prone to damp and mold if covered. No point in keeping stored stuff if it rots.....
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • happydays89
    Options
    I like this website. https://www.happypreppers.com
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you get something to help with your tooth, Lyn.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ouch, Lyn! I hope you've been able to get an emergency kit x

These things always seem to happen at weekends and bank holidays!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have got an emergency filling kit that looks pretty simple to use and also some co-codamol for if it gets sore but better still, having talked to the pharmacist I know now that if I can't find a dental practice to take me on I can access the HNS dental unit in the city until I can find a permanent dentist so I can get this fixed whatever happens. It luckily doesn't hurt but I'm going to be Oh So careful with it and hope for a speedy appointment even if that's only to put in a proper temporary filling.....teeth, a problem when they're cutting, a problem when you've got them and even I suspect a problem when they're gone! Thank you all for being kind to me, I'm a numpty!!!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Got some supplies ordered now that the festive stuff is out of the way. Butter, tea, bacon and cooking fat. sorted :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    l'shanah tovah. :)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2019 at 2:13AM
    Options
    Hi all, happy new year !
    I have been Awol for a while because of family illness and RL :(. But I aim to be more productive on here during 2019.
    Santa brought me a vacuum sealer :j. I have been instructing DH as to what I need sealed, the leftover xmas meats for a start. Some things will be trial and error but I'm sure that there will be plenty of choice in the coming months.
    MrsL ouch ! I hope you can get that tooth sorted a.s.a.p. In 2018 I had one broken tooth ( the culprit was some popcorn ) and I also chipped one of the front ones by grinding my teeth at night :mad:. So last year was an expensive year, dentist wise.
    I shall have to up my prepping starting next week, as my OTC medication has seen a serious dip over the Xmas period with both of us going down with colds and coughs. Tinned foods are not too bad, just some items to replace. I also need toilet rolls as I only have about 20 left :shocked:.
    Thank you for the lists of details to be stored, it will be invaluable for family if DH and I peg it together :(. DD knows of some of the "paper" details but a micro SD card or dongle would help no end. I hadn't thought of digitising it :doh:
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure