PPI Team

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was more trying the scattergun approach as I know I'm short on time.
    You are not short on time at all. Any PPI complaint received at any time prior to the August deadline will be fully dealt with as per the regulated complaint process.

Did you even have PPI?
  • GraBaBargain
    Options
    Thanks. I'm pretty sure that at least two of my previous loans had a PPI element to them.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can complain about anything you want but, since Plevin only applies to rejected PPI complaints the sale of your PPI will be automatically investigated.

How could you make a complaint solely about Plevin?

Do you know for certain that undisclosed commission exceeded the 50% tipping point?

If not, your "complaint" was more of an enquiry...

You can make a Plevin only complaint, there isn't much point as few people who want to complain about PPI actually want to have the policy but it is possible, one or two banks allow you to do it directly
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    You can make a Plevin only complaint, there isn't much point as few people who want to complain about PPI actually want to have the policy but it is possible, one or two banks allow you to do it directly
    It's hardly a suitable route for the OP, however, who does not even know if he had PPI. A Plevin only complaint is mainly for those whose PPI complaint failed some time back and for which they received no automatic refund as per Plevin.

It's got very little to do with people who still have PPI and wish to keep it.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    It's hardly a suitable route for the OP, however, who does not even know if he had PPI. A Plevin only complaint is mainly for those whose PPI complaint failed some time back and for which they received no automatic refund as per Plevin.

It's got very little to do with people who still have PPI and wish to keep it.

Yes but that wasn't the point I was making. You said

You can complain about anything you want but, since Plevin only applies to rejected PPI complaints the sale of your PPI will be automatically investigated.

How could you make a complaint solely about Plevin?

This is incorrect
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes but that wasn't the point I was making. You said "How could you make a complaint solely about Plevin?"

This is incorrect
    You only part-quoted my post. What I actually asked was how could the OP make a "complaint" solely about Plevin without knowing whether commission(if any) exceeded 50%. The OP is not even certain he had PPI!

This discussion serves no further purpose.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    You only part-quoted my post. What I actually asked was how could the OP make a "complaint" solely about Plevin without knowing whether commission(if any) exceeded 50%. The OP is not even certain he had PPI!

This discussion serves no further purpose.

since Plevin only applies to rejected PPI complaints

This is incorrect, Plevin can be complained about directly
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This is incorrect, Plevin can be complained about directly
    Yes indeed, but it would still involve an investigation into the sale of the PPI before it was awarded. So not "incorrect" at all. :p

There is really no need for this back-and-forth, especially as you are quoting only parts of my post and the OP's query has long since been answered. :p
  • Nasqueron
    edited 19 June 2019 at 9:06AM
    Options
    Yes indeed, but it would still involve an investigation into the sale of the PPI before it was awarded. So not "incorrect" at all. :p

Once again, incorrect

You can make a Plevin only complaint, WITHOUT complaining about the PPI. To be very clear:

Some banks, e.g. RBS, allow you to look into Plevin commission AND retain the PPI policy i.e. those who wanted the PPI but were concerned about commission

Please see link below

https://personal.rbs.co.uk/personal/support-centre/how-to-complain/ppi-complaints/comission-only-plevincomplaints.html
    You can choose to make a complaint only about commission however this will not consider any potential PPI mis-sale. (Commission Only (Plevin) complaint form)

It's not a "back and forth", it's correcting you giving out incorrect information
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Some banks, e.g. RBS, allow you to look into Plevin commission AND retain the PPI policy i.e. those who wanted the PPI but were concerned about commission
    That has not been set up for those who wish to "keep" their PPI, though.
    It was mainly set up for people who have already had their PPI complaints rejected, hence why such a complaint will not lead to the PPI itself being investigated.

Since mortgage PPI does not reach the 50% tipping point for Plevin to apply, one has to wonder who still has mis-sold loan and credit card PPI still running fully ten years after the Banks stopped (mis)selling it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback