McDonalds food complaint

Options
Hi
This is the message I sent via Contact Us.......

We went through the Drive Thru at Canklow Roundabout and placed our order number 133. We were asked to park up and it would be "2 minutes"........10 minutes later I saw a McDonalds employee take a large order to a vehicle that had ordered way after us, so I went inside to see where our food was. On the counter I noticed our order, I asked another employee how long it had been waiting there and was told that it had only just been placed there. I took the food and my daughter started eating the fries and said that they were not hot. When we got home I wasn't happy as none of the food was hot, we were all very disappointed with this and the service.
I would like to know what to do next regarding this.
Thank you
Jackie Bruce

This their reply......

Jessica (McDonald’s Customer Services)
19 Nov, 16:51 GMT

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services to let us know about your visit to our Rotherham Canklow restaurant.

At McDonald’s we want all of our customers to enjoy their restaurant experience each and every time they visit. We’re disappointed that we didn’t get it right for you on this occasion.

I was sorry to hear that you were told two minutes waiting time. However, you waited longer than you had expected, Jackie.

Also, that the food was cold and did not meet the high quality of food standards that we expect our staff to provide our customers with.

We really value customer feedback, and I’ve passed your comments to the management team at the restaurant to use as part of our regular reviews. We are confident that you will see improvements on future visits.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact us back.

Kind regards,
Jessica
Customer Services Team

McDonald's UK Customer Services
11 - 59 High Road
East Finchley
London
N2 8AW

Tel: 03705 244622

No recompense offered, just an apology not happy, does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Jackie

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,322 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes , move on , life's full of bigger problems

And personally I've never found McDonald's to be piping hot in the few occasions I've been there
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have their number, why not just reply stating what you want or use the Facebook, or other social media sites.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Jax8008 wrote: »
    When we got home I wasn't happy as none of the food was hot,

If your daughter started eating it immediately and it was cold why did you not check the rest and ask the "restaurant" to exchange it for hot food?

How long did it take you to get home? You can't expect food to keep hot as you drive home.

Next time, eat it in the car (or at least check it before you drive home).
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, next time something similar happens, tell the staff straight away. Your daughter told you the fries weren't hot while you were still there, so you should have complained then. They could have sorted it for you straight away.

They wouldn't need to compensate you if you'd been reasonable in the first place. They'd just have fixed it.
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    If you'd have a took the food back straight away, they would have just made the whole order again for you.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    If your daughter started eating it immediately and it was cold why did you not check the rest and ask the "restaurant" to exchange it for hot food?

How long did it take you to get home? You can't expect food to keep hot as you drive home.

Next time, eat it in the car (or at least check it before you drive home).
    This ^^^ is a really good question...
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Where I work (holiday resort) we get a lot of people who complain about something once they are home again, and expect some compo. Our reply is always "if you had brought this to our attention at the time, we could have fixed it for you. As you didn't give us the chance to do this, we can't discuss compensation." I'm quite glad that McDonalds is giving a robust response.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • Jax8008
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I understand what you mean, think I was just feeling Ms Grumpy at their reply!! I'm moving on and looking forward to seeing my granddaughters faces at Christmas 😄😄
  • Jax8008
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Yes , move on , life's full of bigger problems

And personally I've never found McDonald's to be piping hot in the few occasions I've been there

Thank you and yes I'm moving on, I was being Ms Grumpy at their replies. Looking forward to seeing my granddaughters' faces at Christmas 😁😁
  • Jax8008
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I know I should have waited and gone straight back in to complain, or reason for going straight home which is 3 minutes away was we had been to Disney on ice and were very hungry. It's done now.
    Thanks
    Jackie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family