IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal Letter of Claim (Newcastle Airport)

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 February 2019 at 12:12AM
    Options
    Has anyone successfully won a case against a PCN for airport byelaws? If so, what was their defence?
    Yes, either on here or on pepipoo last year, or on both forums, cases were won v VCS.

UKPPO are new to it but the pointers I gave are some of what we know about this site. So if one of you posts your draft defence, we'll take a look and add to it for you.

Make sure you ALL do the AOS (see NEWBIES thread, dead easy link in pictures).

Try Google searching (NOT FORUM SEARCH) VCS and the words

parking
    defence
    judge
    Airport

and I reckon you will find one. It will be about VCS though, as there are no UKPPO ones.

Also how about Googling as well to look at how we used to win these in 2015 at POPLA, when they were in the BPA, not the IPC. Google@

UKPPO Newcastle Airport Park & Fly POPLA

You will learn a lot to include in a defence, as the points will be similar.

Oh and please pm or email all the others, and tell them to BEWARE ANY PRIVATE MESSAGE FROM SOMEONE OFFERING TO HELP OFF FORUM.

Do not reply! Name and shame them if anyone tries.

Talking to other victims is fine but be aware not to fall for anyone saying they used another 'service' and steering you elsewhere (not even free). Be warned there are companies who have been known to tout for business then let people down.

The only place you get a genuine owt for nowt is here, or on pepipoo forum!

We will help you all the way, it's just much easier to do it once, rather than x 6.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    Seriously can't believe UKPPO are STUPID enough to try to go to court on this.

Fines under byelaws are the property of the court but Newcastle Airport and their scumco subcontractors simply pocket it for themselves.

They will be shooting themselves in the foot ...big time.

I predict that once they see your defence they will scurry away like the low-life pond scum that they are....unless they really are as thick as the mud pool they have dragged themselves from.
  • BountyHunter
    Options
    Hi Jonnnn12 - I sent you a PM to be added to your group a few days ago could you add me please.

Here's my thread similar to the others:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5922647

Many Thanks
  • ianeverton
    Options
    Another one issued on the same date for the same contravention.
    I'm advising a friend.
    Wonder what the likelihood of them being lumped together is? As I had this with a UKPC PCN that ultimately they bottled just prior to court.
  • ianeverton
    Options
    If it gets grouped it could be one for the big guns to attend as potentially a lot riding on it.
  • cathycathy
    Options
    Hiya - me too ! Have heard nothing back from all my correspondence etc with BWLEGAL and now received County Court claim form dated 15/02/19 - so just gonna do my Acknowledgment of Service now.
    I’m not in the mood for giving up against these charletons now !
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cathycathy wrote: »
    Hiya - me too ! Have heard nothing back from all my correspondence etc with BWLEGAL and now received County Court claim form dated 15/02/19 - so just gonna do my Acknowledgment of Service now.
    I’m not in the mood for giving up against these charletons now !

Yes, just follow the guidance in post #14 above at this stage.
  • cathycathy
    Options
    Hiya - meet No 5 lol
    Cathy x
  • grimnog
    Options
    Hi everyone. Me 6! Arrived back from holiday today to find this little treat - issue date 15 Feb 2019, Northampton CC.

Please could I join the collective defence?

Thanks
  • Caoimhe
    Options
    Hi all,

I suppose I must be number 7 then! :beer: I have received the same claim form, from the same court, on the same date. It seems like exactly the same circumstances (Hilton barrier), so if there is a private group or further discussion going on, I'd also like to be a part of this and contribute to what I hope would be our collective defence.

I've researched this a fair bit previously for previous appeals. I have also sent the Acknowledgement of Service today.

Should I set up my own thread, or would it be better to try and keep all of this in on place?

Cheers,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure