Compers Challenge 2019

Options

Comments

• GPark
    GPark Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mansey wrote: »
    Well I was happy to have a bit of friendly competition till I saw you numbers :eek:

Show off :p

:rotfl:

I'm not actually sure I'm counting correctly though!

Had a mass comping session yesterday, to try to get up to date with the board, and bookmark all the mag dailies for January (stopped doing them during advents, but figured January is so quiet on the main board its a good time to restart :) )
  • GPark
    Options
    Copied from above

If you enter to win a Newt 10 times on 10 different sites it is 10 competitions and you can do the same every day.

If you enter 100 times to win a Newt on one website then besides being daft it is only 1 comp :eek:

So as long as you move to a different web site it doesn't matter if it is the same prize :D

That's what I thought, the bit that was confusing me, was could I count the same comps more than once if I enter them each day?

I have 120 bookmarked, took me about 20 mins to enter them this morning, but if I'm counting each daily entry I'll have the 1,000 done is less than a week :j

Seems like a quick challenge to complete :) I'm making the most of this one, since I'm going to fail the instagram one as I don't use it!
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GPark wrote: »
    Quick question though...to make sure I'm counting right :)

If I'm entering Mag Dailies, and I have 120 open comps bookmarked, I entered them yesterday, and again today.....is that 240 because I've entered twice.....or 120 because its only 120 individual comps?
    That would be 240 because you have entered them 2 days running and they are all different websites

And I've assumed that where prizes are shared, we can count the prize for each mag its entered on? Have I understood that correctly?
    Yes
    So the prizes that are shared between Celebs Now/Whats on TV/Womans Weekly/Woman/Life Death Prizes/Womans Own can be counted 6 times because its 6 different entry routes?
    Yes

Its so confusing!
    As long as you move websites it doesn't matter if the prize is the same

:D
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • mansey
    edited 2 January 2019 at 7:38PM
    Options
    That's what I thought, the bit that was confusing me, was could I count the same comps more than once if I enter them each day?

I have 120 bookmarked, took me about 20 mins to enter them this morning, but if I'm counting each daily entry I'll have the 1,000 done is less than a week :j

Seems like a quick challenge to complete :) I'm making the most of this one, since I'm going to fail the instagram one as I don't use it!

Mags Daily, Twitter and C2Ws should be a doddle, the others I will plod on with, I don't think I entered a dozen email comps last year :eek:

The idea of the 1000 comps on each platform was to encourage folks to try and do something they wouldn't normally do.

I only started on Instagram last year I thought it was phone only but there is a download for computers. It is very similar to Twitter you add a few words and tag a friend. Try it you might like it, but it has to be worth a little try and enter a few comps ;)
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • GPark
    Options
    Mags Daily, Twitter and C2Ws should be a doddle, the others I will plod on with, I don't think I entered a dozen email comps last year :eek:

The idea of the 1000 comps on each platform was to encourage folks to try and do something they wouldn't normally do.

I only started on Instagram last year I thought it was phone only but there is a download for computers. It is very similar to Twitter you add a few words and tag a friend. Try it you might like it, but it has to be worth a little try and enter a few comps ;)

Email comps should be fairly easy.....there's weekly ones for Love It Mag, Radio Times and The Sun, thats at least 10 per week :) I find them really quick to enter, so I prefer the email comps :)

I have an Instagram account, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet :( Maybe I'll challenge myself to try once I've ticked the others off :)
  • mansey
    Options
    Oh we don't have Instant wins on our 1000 comps list
    (stop throwing those tomatoes at me :eek:)

I wonder if you could get 1000 Instant wins a year it would only take 3 regular competitions entered daily ;)
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • GPark
    Options
    Here's another question for you then.....

this comp, can be entered via email, 1 email but 22 Puzzles, and each puzzle has a cash prize....so am I correct to count this as 22 email comps entered, or is that pushing it and its one per email sent?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5938495
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

this comp, can be entered via email, 1 email but 22 Puzzles, and each puzzle has a cash prize....so am I correct to count this as 22 email comps entered, or is that pushing it and its one per email sent?

haha - I was just thinking the same thing, except I was doing it as web entry. There are lots of mags where this sort of thing happens.
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,499 Forumite
    Options

How many newts is it? I think the newt has become the comping standard for 2019.

Win one newt = one

Win many newts = many
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • mansey
    Options
    If you have sent 1 email you have sent 1 email so 1 email competition :D

You lot are pushing your luck now, just settle down I have enough coping with lucinad :eek:
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income