Advent chat, tips & advice 2018

Options

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    Zanzib wrote: »
    Noticed a few that usually have advents, haven't got them this year; though I wonder if it may be there'll go for the 12th-24th slots instead?
    No Asda or Currys this year (that I can see) Currys was on instagram last year and was rather good.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 December 2018 at 12:09PM
    Options
    I think there are more 12 days of Advents this year, rather than 24 days. I have spent a lot of time checking out all the Advents today and have filtered out the good from the bad eg I have dogs but I refuse to spend my time liking and sharing on FB to win a roll of poop bags! (yes, one company had those up for grabs today!) Apart from the fact, I have seen many people commenting how they have been banned from liking pages on FB, I am not willing to put my account at risk and I refuse to enter comps where companies state that the more friends you tag, the more entries you get! I don't have that many friends on FB, as I don't like to have friends that I don't really know, and I don't want to be tagging them every five minutes just to annoy them! What is it with FB comps at the moment - they all want us to tag and share! Grrr!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    I think there are more 12 days of Advents this year, rather than 28 days. I have spent a lot of time checking out all the Advents today and have filtered out the good from the bad eg I have dogs but I refuse to spend my time liking and sharing on FB to win a roll of poop bags! (yes, one company had those up for grabs today!) Apart from the fact, I have seen many people commenting how they have been banned from liking pages on FB, I am not willing to put my account at risk and I refuse to enter comps where companies state that the more friends you tag, the more entries you get! I don't have that many friends on FB, as I don't like to have friends that I don't really know, and I don't want to be tagging them every five minutes just to annoy them! What is it with FB comps at the moment - they all want us to tag and share! Grrr!

Totally agree with you on this, so many have moved to FB instead of web and I really don't want to have to share all the time! Its annoying!
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 33,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 December 2018 at 9:52PM
    Options
    Miss the Reiss, Jigsaw, JustEat and a few others.

Spy Equipment missing swell. Was hoping to win on the 3rd yr on the trot on this!

Plenty red crosses dished out already. Will whittle it down to 50 over the next few days.
  • Blueyez
    Options
    Miss the Reiss, Jigsaw, JustEat and a few others.

Spy Equipment missing swell. Was hoping to win on the 3rd yr on the trot on this!

Plenty red crosses dished out already. Will whittle it down to 50 over the next few days.

shame, the Reiss one was good. is there a whistles one this year? Aspinal of London?
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Blueyez
    Options
    I think there are more 12 days of Advents this year, rather than 28 days. I have spent a lot of time checking out all the Advents today and have filtered out the good from the bad eg I have dogs but I refuse to spend my time liking and sharing on FB to win a roll of poop bags! (yes, one company had those up for grabs today!) Apart from the fact, I have seen many people commenting how they have been banned from liking pages on FB, I am not willing to put my account at risk and I refuse to enter comps where companies state that the more friends you tag, the more entries you get! I don't have that many friends on FB, as I don't like to have friends that I don't really know, and I don't want to be tagging them every five minutes just to annoy them! What is it with FB comps at the moment - they all want us to tag and share! Grrr!
    Ones on instagram, tag 3 friends!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Blueyez
    Options
    There is one via Bloom & Wild's instaram stories, it takes you to their site to enter your details so you don't need social media but I can't find it without going via the stories link. If anyone can, feel free to add it to the advents-today's prize is their mini Christmas tree.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Options
    Thats me done for today. I have skipped all the twitter ones this year and been more selective that usual for facebook.. as like others have said I hate the 'tag as many people as you can' competitions.

It doesnt seem too time consuming at the moment and pretty straight forward
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 33,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Blueyez wrote: »
    shame, the Reiss one was good. is there a whistles one this year? Aspinal of London?

No Whistles one and I just checked the Aspinal of London one from last year. That one was a 12 days comp and started on the 12th, so fingers X'd it's the same again.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think there are more 12 days of Advents this year, rather than 28 days. I have spent a lot of time checking out all the Advents today and have filtered out the good from the bad eg I have dogs but I refuse to spend my time liking and sharing on FB to win a roll of poop bags! (yes, one company had those up for grabs today!) Apart from the fact, I have seen many people commenting how they have been banned from liking pages on FB, I am not willing to put my account at risk and I refuse to enter comps where companies state that the more friends you tag, the more entries you get! I don't have that many friends on FB, as I don't like to have friends that I don't really know, and I don't want to be tagging them every five minutes just to annoy them! What is it with FB comps at the moment - they all want us to tag and share! Grrr![/QUOTE]

I thought that too. Lots of my friends couldn't give a rats bum about competitions, and Mr Dontone got rid of his FB account a while back, so I can't tag anybody.
    Sharing I don't mind, but tagging is ridiculous. It seems to benefit all the 'cliquey ones' on FB atm.
    Btw, I filtered out all the rubbish that I didn't want to enter, did an Excel list and printed it off so I can tick the days off, and still added it another 20+ advents 'cos there seemed to be a great flood of them. My handwriting isn't the best when you are trying to write on a sheet of paper that is stuck to one of the shelves of your computer desk, lol.
    Currently at 104........I think that's enough.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport