Advent chat, tips & advice 2018

Options

Comments

• mummy2threeboys
    Options
    Mariobug25 wrote: »
    Good luck everyone. Seems there is a lot less advents this year or is that just me? Makes it more manageable I guess! Best of luck all

I think so yea, but I recall a lot more being added as the days went on and they where discovered and added.

I came here to see if anyone had added a chat thread :T

Good luck all I have tried to get ahead on main board comps and now starting the advents but many social media ones won't srat to about 9, so this gives me time to have a good browse . and a few cuppas! Have fun all and good luck . :xmassmile
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Options
    i'm planning on doing a list in word of all the ones I want to enter then just check for newly listed ones to add. makes things a lot easier for me. i've never won an advent but won't stop me trying :D good luck everyone

PS: also lots of cups of teas
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • I bookmark them in two folders
    the ones that are a a true advent where you click a window I have in one folder and know those can be enter from midnight onwards each day - usually enter if I am up early enough in the morning

the other folder have the ones that open later in the day/need an answer - these are usually answered later in the day when they are all up and showing
    HTH
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    One thing I had forgotten was the number of blasted e-mails coming in, not as bad as black Friday but still far more than usual.
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    I bookmark them in two folders
    the ones that are a a true advent where you click a window I have in one folder and know those can be enter from midnight onwards each day - usually enter if I am up early enough in the morning

the other folder have the ones that open later in the day/need an answer - these are usually answered later in the day when they are all up and showing
    HTH

OOh ..I forgot to do that, can you copy paste the pure click on advents/instants if you have them? I think they would be fun and "doable" for work days , Thanks

I'm been coming since 7 and hardly come up for air, so many social media and loads of entrys already, eeek. Looking forward to day 13 when some of them stop. I've reached tilt so ignoring the rest . I think I should go and do some housework :eek::o
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I feel like I have entered all the ones I want today and it seems a lot less that years before. Maybe it's because I don't want to do like and share! Maybe on Monday there will be a few more I can enter.

I miss a lot of the ones where you have to go onto the website and open a parcel and then enter details! They are much easier to do!

I also miss the M+S pass the parcel!
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Options
    nelie wrote: »
    I feel like I have entered all the ones I want today and it seems a lot less that years before. Maybe it's because I don't want to do like and share! Maybe on Monday there will be a few more I can enter.

I miss a lot of the ones where you have to go onto the website and open a parcel and then enter details! They are much easier to do!

I also miss the M+S pass the parcel!

I liked the m&s pass the parcel too. and the lush one
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Noticed a few that usually have advents, haven't got them this year; though I wonder if it may be there'll go for the 12th-24th slots instead?
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Zanzib wrote: »
    Noticed a few that usually have advents, haven't got them this year; though I wonder if it may be there'll go for the 12th-24th slots instead?

Yes like original source! I remember that one being quite good too!
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • OOh ..I forgot to do that, can you copy paste the pure click on advents/instants if you have them? I think they would be fun and "doable" for work days , Thanks

I'm been coming since 7 and hardly come up for air, so many social media and loads of entrys already, eeek. Looking forward to day 13 when some of them stop. I've reached tilt so ignoring the rest . I think I should go and do some housework :eek::o

I would normally just right click from the listings page and add to bookmark

Today I have been dragging them into a new tab and entering/checking if they are true advents etc and then bookmarking where I want them
    I use the bookmark method all the time, I try and check daily if there are any I want to enter and bookmark them, I then date order them and enter all that are near closing - I just find this method works better for me

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport