Cold cures anyone?

Options

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    your lucky, mine never goes red, just like crazy paving all cracked and dry.
  • macchicken
    Options
    Try hot orange with soluble asprin in it!!! works a treat asprin contains anti-inflammatory so it will take down any swollen glands or inflamed throats!!
    Also zinc boosts your immune system, you can buy zinc tablets in your local supermarket!!!
    That mrs macchicken to you!
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    Lemsip powders only have the same paracetamol as 1 tablet so any hot drink with 2 paracetamol is going to be better. Hot Ribena is a very good suggestion as it's the combination of steam to clear the nose, vitamin C to boost immune system and warmth to...warm you up ;)

Ecinacea, Zinc and Vit C can all be taken as suppliments to ease colds but by the time your cold is well underway they may not be much use. They should really be used as a preventative measure.

Is there anyone who could have your little one for a while while you get some sleep?
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and open the window while you sleep if you've got central heating. The central heating dries out the mucus in your nose which makes it all...sticky :-/
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Many thanks for all the suggestions - the combination of the whisky and lemon concoction in the evening followed by night nurse tablets just as I got into bed, knocked me out all night long and I slept from 10pm until 8am. Maybe shouldn't have mixed the 2, but desperate (and I went easy on the whisky).

Still feel pants but can cope now I've had some sleep.

Just about to have some hot lemon and honey and paracetamol. Haven't got any ribena but really I could be drinking anything as got no taste buds working at the moment!
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    glad you got a good nights sleep, that helps so much when you feel lousy. hope your better soon. :-*
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Options
    Just an idea

CLICK HERE
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pmsl. you could put it on the other way round for multi function. ;D ;D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LOL - could I do with that or what?! (Where's the snotty smiley when you need it?)

:P
  • Peakma
    Peakma Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i dont have a cure but breathing in menthol crystals in hot water helps.I try to avoid getting colds ,you know the day before you get one and you have a hunch theres one on the way, have an aconite (homeopathic) tablet when you notice, and one before bed, it's amazing no cold in the morning!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure