Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Gladstone Solicitors/ Civil Enforcement LTD - CCJs at old address - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Gladstone Solicitors/ Civil Enforcement LTD - CCJs at old address

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
90 replies 3.3K views

Replies

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    24K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CBoogie wrote: »
    so ive finally received a court date (beginning of March)...
    Gosh... is it March already? ;)

As I don't know where the charge is for...
    Why not send CEL's Data Protection Officer a Subject Access Request asking for all the information they hold about you and your incident?

There is guidance on how to do that in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread together with a link to a template.
  • CBoogieCBoogie Forumite
    51 posts
    lol as there was two cases against CEL and GS, GS is next week and I got CEL pushed forward as the court lost the original N244.

I'll send them that, thank you KeithP.
    51 posts
    So i’ve just had my set aside hearing w/ DJ Keating and he allowed the set aside, however he says after seeing GS particulars and he wasn’t satisfied I would win. I had to almost beg to see the particulars as GS sent these in this morning and obviously haven’t seen anything prior as they sent it to a wrong address. I stated this and how vexatious they have acted as they had my correct address and still sent it to a previous address and he told me in short, it wasn’t his problem. lol

anyway i’ve emsiled gladstone on the email they used to send in their particulars to the court asking for the claim form and particulars and their defence etc and i have 14 days to file a defence. But i’m worried that if gladstone don’t send me their claim i’ll have a difficult time defending it as I don’t actually know what it’s for/when etc.

can anyone help please?
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But i’m worried that if gladstone don’t send me their claim i’ll have a difficult time defending it as I don’t actually know what it’s for/when etc.

If they do not send it you ask for an adjournment, also, the judge is likely to take a dim view of such negligence on their part.

Have you complained to your MP?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So i’ve just had my set aside hearing w/ DJ Keating and he allowed the set aside, however he says after seeing GS particulars and he wasn’t satisfied I would win. I had to almost beg to see the particulars as GS sent these in this morning and obviously haven’t seen anything prior as they sent it to a wrong address. I stated this and how vexatious they have acted as they had my correct address and still sent it to a previous address and he told me in short, it wasn’t his problem. lol

anyway i’ve emsiled gladstone on the email they used to send in their particulars to the court asking for the claim form and particulars and their defence etc and i have 14 days to file a defence. But i’m worried that if gladstone don’t send me their claim i’ll have a difficult time defending it as I don’t actually know what it’s for/when etc.

can anyone help please?

Have you not yet emailed a SAR to the PPC for all data held, all photos & letters?

Surely it was said which PPC this is about? The Claimant is not 'Gladstones' so who?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    51 posts
    I've done this now, so hopefully, I can get back some information from both CEL and GS on behalf of UKCPM. Ive sent all emails as they dont seem to resond back to letters or accpet signed for letters when they arrive.

So do I wait for them to respond or do I still draft up a defence even though I dont know what theyre evidence is?
  • edited 6 March 2019 at 12:14AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2019 at 12:14AM
    hopefully, I can get back some information from both CEL and GS on behalf of UKCPM.
    No, a SAR direct to UKCPM, did you email that to their DPO email address now, as the NEWBIES thread tells people?

We never tell people to send letters signed-for to PPCs or solicitors, for good reason!

Like everyone else waiting for a SAR, of course you must also defend if you have done the AOS for a claim, regardless of the SAR not being back. same as umpteen zillion other threads, and that's why bargepole's concise/genric(ish) defence is in the sticky.

All of this is fully covered in the NEWBIES thread to save us (and you) time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    51 posts
    Yes, ive sent both to UKCPM and Gladstone via email to their DPO but had to send a letter to recorded post to CEL as they dont have a email or reply system on their website.

i will check what AOS means in the thread and tkae it from there. Thank you.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    24K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never ever use any form of post that requires a signature when writing to a parking company.

All that does is allow them to refuse delivery.
    Proof of non-delivery is not quite what you want.

Use standard 1st class and get a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office counter.

The item is deemed delivered two working days later.
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    12.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will check what AOS means in the thread and tkae it from there. Thank you.
    All acronyms are contained in post # 5 of the NEWBIE section but to save you time: -
    AoS = Acknowledgement of Service