State pension age equalised for men and women - MSE News

12346»

Replies

• zagfleszagfles Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmemory wrote: »
    Until the same number of men as women "retire early" to take care of elderly parents/parents-in-law & the same number of men as women take career breaks to look after young children, then true equality is never going to happen. But if we don't at least PRETEND that we are getting on track then it will definitely never happen.

Perception appears to be everything & currently women appear not to be 100% job focussed, whilst for some reason men do.
    People need to accept that equality of opportunity won't necessarily lead to equality of outcome. Have the same rules, so it's a level playing field, but accept that we aren't all the same and we won't all make the same choices. Just make sure the same choices are available to all.
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read somewhere that this 'bridging pension' equates to the full State pension for ALL women born on or before 31 December 1959. I assume that some numpty had advised them that by calling it a 'bridging pension' then the sex equality laws wouldn't apply, ie same for all men born in the 1950s.

Going by Anne Keen's evidence to the WPSC it equates to a full state pension from age 60. Latterly they have been referring to a bridging pension which is a percentage but despite several asking, they have yet to say what that percentage would be.
  • Paul_HerringPaul_Herring Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    but despite several asking, they have yet to say what that percentage would be.

Far be it for me to be cynical, but could that percentage be at least 100? Might creep to over 108 to include Statutory Interest...
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got to love the idea of compensating people for their own stupidity & total lack of interest in what is going on on the world around them. And who is going to pay for it if "they" actually allow it? Yes those of us who were mug enough to know what was going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News