Euro Bank Accounts

Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    redux wrote: »
    I don't understand the two visits to Barclays. Why not draw Euros direct from Revolut at a cash machine abroad?
    May be because of the pitiful Revolut limit for free cash withdrawals?
  • bfg_hightower
    Options
    Yes - I guess they are charging me £6 for a SEPA payment. I suppose they would argue that they are providing my currency account free of charge and need to be paid for it - and if they can't recoup this through the ridiculous exchange rates, then they will charge a flat fee? Just guessing.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes - I guess they are charging me £6 for a SEPA payment. I suppose they would argue that they are providing my currency account free of charge and need to be paid for it - and if they can't recoup this through the ridiculous exchange rates, then they will charge a flat fee? Just guessing.

Barclays don't charge for incoming or outgoing SEPA payments on their Euro account - nor do any of my Euro accounts come to think of it.
  • System
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    May be because of the pitiful Revolut limit for free cash withdrawals?

£200 per month IIRC - pretty much the same as sexy Monzo and Starling hasn't setup Euro based card transactions yet.
  • System
    Options
    Lloyds charge you £9.50 unless you hold a basic account when it is free.

Do they even offer a Euro account onshore?!
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Do they even offer a Euro account onshore?!

Yes to businesses.
  • System
    Options
    Yes to businesses.

That will be a no then.
  • mgelliott
    Options
    One of my children is getting married in Germany in 2020 and I will have to pay some substantial sums in Euros to the venue proprietors and others. Converting some funds in advance into Euros and depositing them in a Euro bank account would provide some protection against a possible crash in the £ sterling. There is much useful information on the thread on Euro current accounts from many contributors - thank you. However, does anyone know of any interest bearing euro accounts that are available to a UK resident? As the funds will be in an account for some months, it would be helpful to earn some interest!
  • londoninvestor
    Options
    This thread is a bit old, but:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5932953

We couldn't identify anything there except (if you happen to be an Irish citizen) KBC.

New products may have come out since then - but of course euro interest rates have only headed in a more negative direction.
  • londoninvestor
    Options
    Actually, if you would consider a fixed-term account (maybe 3 or 6 months would be suitable for a 2020 wedding) have a look here:

https://www.raisin.com/our-offers/

(Select "United Kingdom-EUR" if it asks your country.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure