We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Twinklie returns to the property ladder

1…3738404243…63

Comments

  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I bought a stand/sit desk on FB although not assembled it yet... Hopefully soon. It cost me £80 - new would be £200. A decent chair is a must. I helped choose the ones for work so made sure it was comfortable and ergonomic - and got to bring one home...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,301
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I’ve just reset the settings on my chair, so hopefully it will encourage me to have better posture. 

    I’ll add alerts into my calendar to remind me to reset my posture when I log on tomorrow and will revisit my desk assessment jobbie as well. 

    Thanks guys, I’m hoping this will help. It’s just hard work when I’m in a high meeting day because I don’t always get to get up and reset on those days. 
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 (new mortgage) - £2.84 December 25
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 25 - 40.34%/33.36%
    MFiT-T7 #21
    MFW 2025 #2
    MF Date: Oct 37 Feb 37
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 2,140
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 4 January 2022 at 6:22PM
    I have days like that twinklie, it makes me miss the days of office meetings, where you could nip to the loo and the kitchen, and at least stretch your legs before the next meeting.  
    "Think of many things, do one"
    DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
    Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,301
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was only in work two days this week. I made a concerted effort to move and sit as well as I can. The first day was very uncomfortable following dinner. The second day I felt a bit better, so I think it’s just conditioning my body to sit again tbh. 

    Cars in for its MOT today - fingers crossed all is well. 🤞🏻
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 (new mortgage) - £2.84 December 25
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 25 - 40.34%/33.36%
    MFiT-T7 #21
    MFW 2025 #2
    MF Date: Oct 37 Feb 37
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,284
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hello Twinklie!
    I just resurrected my diary too.
    Good to see you still here x
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hope it's not covid. So hard to know currently.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,301
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    DS1 tested positive on LFT this morning. Everyone else was negative. 

    So we missed rugby and went for PCRs this afternoon instead. He was ok initially but has gone downhill since and is feeling quite poorly now. 

    DH and I still feel rubbish so we did a PCR too. Just got to wait on those now. But I’m not looking forward to sitting at my desk for work tomorrow. Really feel like I could sleep for a week. 
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 (new mortgage) - £2.84 December 25
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 25 - 40.34%/33.36%
    MFiT-T7 #21
    MFW 2025 #2
    MF Date: Oct 37 Feb 37
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,284
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    twinklie said:
    DS1 tested positive on LFT this morning. Everyone else was negative. 

    So we missed rugby and went for PCRs this afternoon instead. He was ok initially but has gone downhill since and is feeling quite poorly now. 

    DH and I still feel rubbish so we did a PCR too. Just got to wait on those now. But I’m not looking forward to sitting at my desk for work tomorrow. Really feel like I could sleep for a week. 
    Fingers crossed you both stay clear and Get Well Soon to DS1
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 886
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Oh no, hope you all feel better soon and that the results come through quickly. If you feel rough tomorrow call into work sick. I think working from home means that people feel they should soldier on when poorly but if you're sick you're sick and should rest. 
    Mortgage-free wannabe 2026 £1130/4000
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.