Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th October 2018 - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th October 2018

edited 11 October 2018 at 9:15PM in Old Style MoneySaving
78 replies 5.8K views
1234568»

Replies

• Dizzy_ImpDizzy_Imp Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Lots of rain. Hoping Dizzy is ok.

To quote Pigpen "I ain't deaded yet" Thanks for thinking of me. :D We are on flood alert, but the heavy rain is steady, so although the river is very high, it seems to be coping with the extra water. So far, at least. Time will tell what comes down from the mountains over the next two days.

Been really busy with dogs this week, so limited flying done, plus I'm trying to tile the downstairs wet room which is finally looking like it might be finished soon :j I've got a delivery of clay paint arriving on Monday, so this coming week, all hands will be focusing on getting this area sorted. The floor is going down over the next few days, so I'm going to be busy keeping things tidy and clean with lots of dust being created.

Sigh....
  • Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upstairs bathroom cleared of defunct bottles, loo roll inners and Himself's contact lens cases. Toilet cleaned inside and out, sink cleaned, bath cleaned, window and windowsill cleaned (the latter despidered of a small but profligate net maker).

About to deal with wet washing (I'm thinking the TD might need to be pressed into service for the sheets and towels), drink more tea and get Himself to buy a chicken to throw into the SC again this week. Saves having to clean the oven, as he seems to object to covering food in there for some reason.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • LameWolfLameWolf Forumite
    11.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Managed to blitz the bathroom yesterday - but I have spent three freakin' days this week sorting out recalcitrant tech.

I shan't go into the details, just suffice it to say it involved considerable use of the DOS screen.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_BearHoney_Bear Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Fayolle. Your good wishes and the parrots worked.

The shower room, the superking, double, passageway and stairs are all sparkly, Kelpie's been trundled, the WM has finished all of the towels which I can peg out now the rain's passed through, the sitting room, dining room and lobby have all been vacuummed, dusters handwashed, I've had a shower and washed my hair, and various bits of carpet have been spot-cleaned. Lodger arrives at 4.00pm, and it's all ready for him.

That's enough for one day. Now to go and crunch some more ibuprophen, trundle Kelpie again and then back to sewing.
    Keeping it AF
  • edited 14 October 2018 at 2:21PM
    Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 October 2018 at 2:21PM
    Himself sent off to acquire poultry and coffee additive manufactured in Tennessee (it's cold and wet, it's on offer at £12 off, I've been ill and had a whole 5 hour's sleep thanks to the snoring - at 4.30am, I forcibly shoved him into the recovery position to get him off his back where he was doing a great impression of a carthorse at rest).

Felines mucked out.
    Shower room swept, loo squirted with goop, loo roll replenished.
    SC scrubbed and switched on.
    Sink cleaned properly through means of actually picking stuff up and cleaning under the plate rack/bowl. Plug trap cost 39p and has already saved me a whole world of aggro in just the two days he's been back.
    Countertop cleaned properly through similar means.
    Lifted pan things on hob to remove stuff under them that's hit in the last 48 hours. It's not that difficult, surely?
    Kitchen floor swept.
    Himself greeted on his return with rubbish bags placed securely in hands for disposal.
    TD on.
    Mandolin removed from leaning against the rear heat exchange, as warmth and expensive, rather moody string instruments do not make happy bedfellows. Relocated in living room.
    Scratching post and toy rodents moved and swept under, also dealing with the repeatedly shredded table leg in the process.
    Idiot Cat shown that it is still raining outside, as he didn't believe me or his own eyes from this side of the door.
    Idiot Cat thoughtfully rechristened the Little Tray of Evil.
    Himself instructed to add a tiny amount of oil, remove catkilling elastic string round poultry before cooking, salt and pepper well and dump poultry boobside down in the SC and leave well alone.
    Jumper put to dry on cold radiator.
    Appliances wiped over.
    Furry throw put back on settee. Himself co-opted into helping fold the fleece blanket now placed decoratively at his/the Idiot Cat's end.
    Himself given The Look when he asked if I could make sure the kitchen wasn't messed up once he's cleaned it.

Back on settee.

Slice of HM fruit bread and cup of tea placed quietly beside me as Himself scuttled back to the kitchen for the washing up pf three plates, two mugs and hopefully dealing with the crumbs, knives and used teabags he's thoughtfully stored for future use [WHY? The bin is literally within arm's length and the sink even closer].

That was quite a productive few minutes, wasn't it?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • ValliValli Forumite
    22.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DD requested Sunday dinner.
    She is moving out next Sunday.
    DD also asked if I wanted to accompany her to town.
    Not if I'm doing Sunday dinner.
    Sunday dinner started.
    DD also then announced an optician appointment.
    Now attempting to keep Sunday dinner warm awaiting her return.
    *heartfelt sigh*
    We could eat ours and plate hers up but I thought a nice Sunday dinner with serving dishes and pudding might be a nice gesture.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_BearHoney_Bear Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing, Valli. (((Hugs)))
    Keeping it AF
  • ValliValli Forumite
    22.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear