PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th October 2018

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck from me too, Jojo. Hope you're feeling better today.

Happy Anniversary to Fayolle and MrOlle.

It's going to be another glorious day here today. I would dearly love to go out with DH and enjoy the autumn colours, especially as the rest of the month is going to be very busy and I shall be away for 2 days next week, but first he has to go to the GP for another check-up, and I have a lot of prep to do for tomorrow. Perhaps if we come straight back from the surgery and I get my head in gear for a couple of hours, we could go out for a drive somewhere. But the garden needs attention too - I need to bring in the geraniums and fuchsias and re-stock the planters with the spring bulbs, pansies and primroses that we bought on Monday. Mowing the lawn might also be a good thing. And then I've still got a pile of books to take to DS2, which means a 75-minute drive each way but also a chance to see DGS3+4. Decisions, decisions...

But first I must S&S bathroom, deal with WMx1 and tidy round everywhere. Will report back later.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round as needed, but especially to Jojo, dancemum, atb, Narc0, Froddy and LW xxx
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Happy anniversary (and well done) to Fayolle and hubby.

3 loads through wm overnight. Which I can leave out due to forecast. Also DW to empty. Ironed more last night and aim to iron more before I leave for work.

Better get up and get showered.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope today goes well for you, Jojo.

Congratulations Fayolle and Mr Fayolle! I don't anyone gets to even a tenth anniversary without it being by the skin of their teeth! Happy 26th!

Kitchen and ensuite sinks done, ensuite loo done and cistern leak reproted to plumber - the cistern leak is down to his team because it was supposedly repaired last week. Plumber chased and advice sought re a niff of gas in a lightwell - as it's outside even I could have told OH it was the responsibility of Wales and West but he didn't mention it yesterday when he first smelt it.

1xWM and I might do another with the shower curtains and a grubby net curtain. Other than that we're up to date and I cleard my ironing now that the board is set up for sewing. Not making as much progress on that as quickly as I'd like, but I always forget how much preparation there is to do before actually bunging things under the needle.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not quite dead yet.....

I have two choices. I can Fly and not post, or post about Flying and not actually do any! :D

I did manage to give the bungalow a really good Dys0ning on Monday, ready for the meet'n'greet with Mishka the Siberian Husky, which took place yesterday.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Hmmm. They've offered it to me, but not at the expected rate, just as an overtime claim. I suppose they're new to it, so I'll have to list what I do until they can see how much work is involved. At least I can do it at home, rather than staying in work for longer each day, though (and that means it can't be argued that I have time during the day for it to be absorbed into my usual workload/pay).

I really don't fancy going to choir tonight, but if I don't, I'll miss all the nuances and whatnots - and I need all the help I can get in remembering how the blessed tunes go.

But hopefully, Himself will be able to confirm when he's coming home when he calls tonight.

ETA: Oooh! A hundred thousand thanks!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Sooo tired.

Will check in properly tomorrow xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Busy at work
    Tired as well

Jojo well done on the job, can you try and see if they will renegoiate on the pay.

Basics only done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Busy at work
    Tired as well

Jojo well done on the job, can you try and see if they will renegoiate on the pay.

Basics only done

Oh, I will do. Keeping accurate records and a nice chat with the person who made the decision after a few weeks should illustrate how much skill and time is involved in doing a proper job. I'm at an advantage in some ways, because I know what I'm talking about, rather than blithely wittering buzzwords and hoping to get away with lots of money for doing very little because nobody else knows what's actually involved.

Decided against choir tonight. So I'm going to eat sausage casserole from the SC, drink tea and get another early night (hopefully).
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations, Jojo! :T :T

atb, do you think you ought to make an appointment with your GP asap? I know you're trying to do a full-time job and fly and look after your family, but I'm worried about you.

Glad you're still able to post occasionally, LW. Has the husky booked in with you?

DH went to the GP this morning saying that he is not really feeling better after taking ABs for a week, and was swiftly booked in for a chest xray this Friday afternoon.

We decided to go out for lunch and enjoy the warm sunshine, so I knuckled down and worked until midday, then we went to the NT property where I used to volunteer. I'd love to still be a volunteer there, but life in general and DH's GP / hospital appointments in particular get in the way. We ate lunch outside in the orchard, then DH ambled his way to the secondhand bookshop (no purchases :T:T:T) and gardens, while I took Rosie for a nice long walk round Big Pool and back through the woods. She had a great time! Then it was my turn to go and look at the galleries and see some of my favourite pieces again.

We came home early enough for me to empty the patio pots, replant them with pansies and bulbs (this must be a record for me, getting bulbs planted within 3 days of buying them :p), pot up the geraniums and fuchsias and bring them indoors, tidy up some other potted plants, and mow the lawn, before cooking tea. Meanwhile DH was far too shattered by walking a total of about 400 yards all the time we were out to do anything but sleep for an hour.

This evening DH was feeling better for his sleep so he has been out to a local breast cancer support group (he had a C scare about 12 years ago, before I met him) and I have tidied round, WU and caught up with emails. He's just rung to say they've finished and please would I collect him, so I must grab the car keys.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jojo well done. Now rest.
    ionafan how do you get so much done (not by being a sloth like me).
    Staggering through a busy week. Dreadful night Mon with tooth, had to get up and stomp around about every half hour, willing time to pass until I could ring for a dental appt. Got to sleep about 6am, woken up with tea at 9 with Mr N saying did I need to ring surgery. Turned over and slept till 11 then woke feeling a bit better so rang for an ordinary appt not an emergency one: next Thursday .
    Had a couple of waves of pain on the way to uni then in gym after, dropped in at church to remove dead flowers and Hoover as there is a funeral tomorrow.
    Bible group in eve; tooth didn't like walking home in the cold but slept all night.
    Uni today, rang dentist to see if there were any cancellations but line busy.
    Wrote letter appealing against large parking fine at uni, enclosing emails I'd sent uni asking why permit renewal site wasn't working.
    Mr N has been cooking and gardening while I've been working.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure