Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th October 2018 - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th October 2018

edited 11 October 2018 at 9:15PM in Old Style MoneySaving
78 replies 5.8K views

Replies

• ValliValli Forumite
    22.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    house = tip
    DW emptied
    given I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom on Tuesday when it was a nice cleaning day I will attack the dining room today and possibly even my bedroom!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_BearHoney_Bear Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the job offer, JJtT.
    ionafan wrote: »
    (((Hugs))) and spoons to all in need today - but no sticks! We are all guilty of beating ourselves up unnecessarily: after all, we're only human xxx

^^^ Wot she said.
    Woken up with horrid thrush as well (sorry TMI) so I will definitely be making an appointment.

If you can't a GP appointment for a day or two, your local pharmacy will deal with that for you.

Sorry I'm not contributing that much, but the sewing thing is taking over my life which feels fabulous. I'm learning just how much time I spend procrastinating now that I don't have to because I'm frogless, although tadpoles are very much in evidence. Turns out I don't need to spend that much time checking things on F'book, reading the newspaper online or even opening most emails. Procrastination really is a thief of my time.

This is the very first year I haven't planted bulbs. I hoiked out all of the dead lobelia and shoved in a load of pansies (I'm in love with purple at the moment), watered them and left them to get on with it. I'll miss the narcissus in the spring, but I want to get on with stuff now and it'll be interesting to see if any of the previous years plantings have lasted the test of time.
    Keeping it AF
  • Narc0lepsyNarc0lepsy Forumite
    2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    A very horticultural day today. This morning 4 of us decorated the church for harvest festival . Mr N and I spent most of the afternoon pruning and shredding. Extremely windy here but very sunny and mild.
    Took mil out for lunch.
    Did a bit more of a report; have got very behind already and it's only the 2nd week of term.
    Made beef casserole for 8 in the slow cooker for harvest lunch; rather over-filled it and had a volcano so will transfer it to largest cast iron dish and finish off in aga tomorrow oops just seen the time; ok later today!
    Thoughts to anyone in South Wales floods.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent the day poleaxed by a headache that refused to budge despite two doses of parrots and two of decongestant, plus two long naps. Woke

Now back in bed to the accompaniment of Himself snoring. Loudly.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning

Up and ready for a very wet day, I have some volunteering to do, and most / likely most people will be at home today, so 10am I am on the phone to catch them in!!

Mountironmore will do in the mean time.
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Lots of rain. Hoping Dizzy is ok.

I usefully filled the odd half hours that I had yesterday in true MAD spirit. The weeds are gone from where the bulbs are to go, which is a small step in the right direction. Obviously I haven't actually planted the bulbs yet!

I think the best plan of action now is to boot up the pc and get some of the paperwork gone. What I would really rather do is curl up and watch a b&w film, but that is just too decadent given the jobs that are waiting to be done. Well before lunchtime anyway ;)
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironing is done

Local car boot called off due to weather.

Volunteerin g put on hold for today.

Going to see what OH wants to do, have a feeling we might get a jigsaw out, we know how to rock and roll here :)
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inundated with slightly chilly cats on the sofa. I am feeling slightly more human today (ie, awake), but still don't plan on doing anything significant.

WM on with bedlinen/towels.

Himself on kitchen duties (crumbs from breakfast, mostly).

Myself on sofa detail (sharing my body heat with the chilly cats, apparently).
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Honey_BearHoney_Bear Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two lodgers out, one due in later so two bedrooms and a shower room to do.

My back is killing me. I keep hoping that it'll be better tomorrow but it's progressively getting worse this week. Not quite sure how to deal with it at the moment; I've even topped up the ibuprophen with parrots which I very seldom need to resort to. I might visit a pharmacy on the way back from the dogfield to see what they can suggest tomorrow morning. It's bearable while I'm sitting down but Flying and dog-walking are almost unbearable today.
    Keeping it AF
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    GWS wishes and very gentle hugs coming your way, HB. I hope things improve.

I have successfully eaten the frog that was the tax return. Whilst other frogs are queuing up for attention, at least that is one down. Paperwork given a bit of a trim, a broken box file has been replaced and thrown, paperwork sorted for the next frog up for munching. Payslips from 11 years ago have gone into the shredding pile. All things that should have happened a while ago, but better now than never. It certainly wouldn't have happened without the inspiration from this thread.

Soup for lunch up next, then I might search for my baking mojo.