edited 4 October 2018 at 9:34PM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
137 replies 12.5K views
homeless9homeless9 Forumite
284 posts
100 Posts First Anniversary
✭✭
edited 4 October 2018 at 9:34PM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Hi Everyone....

Prices in the South East, specifically within a 20 mile radius of Guildford, are too damn expensive. I have almost given up buying here. I can afford to buy a property up to the value of £220,000. Around here that basically buys you a 1 bedroom flat and not much more, which might be alright for some, but these apartments just don't cut it for me. I am single and have no ex-wife or kids - I can move anywhere in the UK. I would love to own a house with a garden. I have browsed online and come across nice new 2 and 3 bedroom homes under my budget, these properties are amazingly cheap to me in comparison to what you can get for your money around where I live - the problem is - I have no idea what the locations are like.....

If you guys and ladies have visited, lived in, or live in, a safe location that isn't in the middle of nowhere, in which 1 or 2 or even 3 bedroom homes can by purchased for under £220,000 - please let me know.....any locations within the UK are welcome....

Criteria:

- A safe location, somewhere without anti-social behaviour, somewhere where you can walk down the street and feel completely safe and at ease.

- A location that has typical UK town amenities such as a Gym, a local Supermarket, Parks, shops, railway stations..... I don't mind living in a City, I don't mind living in a medium-large sized town, but living in a village with no shops, gyms, railways, is not for me. I am 30 years old.

I am self employed and work from home. Location does not affect my work. The only thing I need is an internet connection and a nearby Post Office.

Replies