Zen internet

Hi there,

I've been with Zen internet for 6 years and have had no problems with them at all, their customer service is brilliant but I am paying £48 (rounded up) a month for super fast fibre, landline and certain calls.

I know I could get a cheaper deal. I never use the landline for calls.

I'm considering Plusnet but not sure. Our highest average usage in recent months was 550GB/month but usually it's around 480GB

Any advice please on moving provider?

Many thanks!

Replies

• MataNuiMataNui Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Apples and Oranges.
    Zens core customer base is business accounts. They provide a robust service with the sort of customer support you would expect as a business customer. PlusNet cater for the masses after cheap as chips broadband. They dont give a crap about customer service or reliability.

Zen is expensive for a reason, PlusNet are cheap for a reason.
  • edited 27 September 2018 at 3:22PM
    JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    20.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 27 September 2018 at 3:22PM
    Above hits the nail on the head .
    Where the cheap guys have a large number of customers with never a problem Those that have a problem often find CS a problem .

Should say Zen and A&A even though i am not a customer .
    I am with BT for the BT sport and rarely would i need any input on the majority of problems ,
  • onomatopoeia99onomatopoeia99 Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Do you want cheap or good? You have good, which you will lose if you switch to cheap.
    Home is where my books are.

Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
    Mortgage neutral target Jun 2019, achieved Dec 2018.
  • unforeseenunforeseen Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've been with Zen for 12 years and have no intention of changing due to the e celle T service from them.
    The only problem I've ever had whilst with them was actually caused by a Numpty OR engineer screwing up the connection when moving to fibre.

(before somebody complains about calling the engineer a Numpty, this is what the OR engineer who sorted it called him as well)
  • I’ve just moved from Zen Internet at £32.99 a month to sky on £18 a month and already my internet is so much faster! With zen I averaged about 8-9mb but sky is consistently and stable at 13 - 15mb. I joined zen from talktalk who were awful but for me, sky are so much better than either of them.
  • Thanks I think I'll stay with Zen for the moment. The reason I started to think about moving was because I kept getting a nuisance sales call and I wanted to block it but that was part of an add on service with Zen which was a bit annoying! Anyway sales call seems to have given up today!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Water firms forced to cut bills

Is your supplier one of them?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News