When Banks don't Act on FOS Findings

Options

Comments

• Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Perhaps you could suggest TSB visit the cemetary and engrave an apology on your headstone when this is resolved.

I don't even know what to ask for, perhaps deleting my account account and releasing my funds to another account, to be honest I'm not getting anything else.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,335 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    I don't even know what to ask for, perhaps deleting my account account and releasing my funds to another account, to be honest I'm not getting anything else.
    Opening a new Classic Plus account using your correct details, moving your balance across and then closing the defective one seems like a reasonable ask.
  • Cotta
    Options
    Opening a new Classic Plus account using your correct details, moving your balance across and then closing the defective one seems like a reasonable ask.

Yes agreed, is there any point in further pushing the referral bonus, missed interest and compensation or am I being too greedy?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm sorry, but unsurprised, to hear this is still dragging on. Have you contacted a journalist yet?
  • masonic
    Options
    Yes agreed, is there any point in further pushing the referral bonus, missed interest and compensation or am I being too greedy?
    The referral bonus and missed interest was awarded in the original decision, so that should be paid into the new account. It was the Adjudicator that suggested additional compensation, so they should probably make the call on that. I don't see why there shouldn't be more compensation since TSB's failure to adhere to the terms of that original decision has caused you further inconvenience.
  • Cotta
    Options
    The referral bonus and missed interest was awarded in the original decision, so that should be paid into the new account. It was the Adjudicator that suggested additional compensation, so they should probably make the call on that. I don't see why there shouldn't be more compensation since TSB's failure to adhere to the terms of that original decision has caused you further inconvenience.

TSB interpreted it as being a lump sum of £500 so they are refusing to pay more, even the recent agreement on the referral bonus is gone.
  • masonic
    Options
    TSB interpreted it as being a lump sum of £500 so they are refusing to pay more, even the recent agreement on the referral bonus is gone.
    That's not how they've paid out in other cases (including mine). They have made separate payments for each aspect of the complaint.

From your description of the decision, it was quite clear the other points were in addition to the £500.
  • Cotta
    Options
    That's not how they've paid out in other cases (including mine). They have made separate payments for each aspect of the complaint.

From your description of the decision, it was quite clear the other points were in addition to the £500.

Exactly and the adjudicator is on my side but we're getting nowhere.
  • Cotta
    Options
    TSB have advised there are issues with my account and part of the problem is that I'm from Northern Ireland and their accounts are designed for mainland UK customers. Below was the adjudicator's official response:

Dear Cotta

Thank you for your email.

Sorry I’ve not been in touch sooner, I’ve been in training all week and have been away from my desk.

Whilst I appreciate that you’re still unable to transfers from your account to elsewhere, TSB have informed us that this is the case for many of their customers who live and operate their accounts outside of mainland UK.

TSB are still currently experiencing issues with their international payments, TSB have told us that they’re still working on transferring money from your TSB account, but they’re unable to tell us how long this will take.

However, they’ve told us that customers should be able to carry out transfers between 07:30 and 16:30 Monday to Friday. Whilst I appreciate this may not be a convenient time for you, as previously explained, we’re unable to force or fix TSB to fix their IT problems.

In light of this can you please confirm whether the error messages you’re receiving have been during the above mentioned period. If you’ve not tried during this period, would it be possible for you to do so and let me know the outcome.

In the meantime, I’m in contact with TSB with regards to sending you your telephone banking passcode – at present this appears to be the only other alternative way for you to transfer money from your account, whilst TSB work on the IT issues.

Yours sincerely

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TSB have advised there are issues with my account and part of the problem is that I'm from Northern Ireland and their accounts are designed for mainland UK customers.
    Northern Ireland being treated differently from the UK mainland, that all sounds rather topical! ;)

Another pathetically lame and weak response from them though, I fail to understand how (inherently non-geographical) online services could plausibly be affected by accessing them from parts of the UK that happen not to be on the mainland - it's not as if you're trying to log in from North Korea. Perhaps you might challenge them on the fact that their published eligibility for their Classic Plus account states that "You must be 18 or over and a UK resident to apply", without clarifying that some parts of the UK should either be precluded or be expected to put up with a deficient service (even by TSB standards)....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure