[Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What do their cancellation terms say?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Their policies should make it clear they do not accept bankrupts and should have asked you about this, check their Ts & Cs as they may be in breach taking you on
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dazzllrr wrote: »
    How can I stop them once started. I have made a massive mistake I have set a company going with my claims and I am a discharged bankrupt so I will get nothing but the bill from claims company
    Simply tell them you are a bankrupt, that should put paid to any further contact.

Any problems, contact the Legal Ombudsman for assistance.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Telling them that you are a bankrupt and you want to end their service should be fine. They should have enquired before taking you on. So, its mutually beneficial for the service to be ended at no cost.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If you’re bankrupt you are not an eligible complainant and as such they should not be proceeding. The only person who can now complaint about the PPI is the trustee/official receiver.

Explain this to the CMC and ask them to desist.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure