Claims guys, Northern Rock

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ojst wrote: »
    Money has not been sent to me yet, I just need to return proof of identity etc, yes I realise its a cop out to get someone else to do it but you don't know my situation, so don't be so quick to judge from your prefect positions!

I'm still not clear on this.
    Who are sending proof of identity to?
    Have this company already complained to NRAM?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ojst wrote: »
    Money has not been sent to me yet, I just need to return proof of identity etc, yes I realise its a cop out to get someone else to do it but you don't know my situation, so don't be so quick to judge from your prefect positions!

The thing is, the information you provided to the claims firm for them to make the complaint could have been sent direct to the bank(s) to complain directly and you wouldn't have to hand over thousands of pounds to someone to post a complaint.

It's not a judgement on you, it's just a matter of fact that the complaints process is free and all a claims firm do is post off your complaint for you instead of you complaining directly
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    Ojst

Out of interest how did the claims guys know you had a loan with NRAM?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ojst

Out of interest how did the claims guys know you had a loan with NRAM?

They will have just asked OP who they had finance with and sent off complaints to them all on the off chance they had PPI. Possibly even sent complaints to everyone and see if they got lucky
  • Ojst
    Options
    I contacted the Claims Guys, to chase certain credit card and loan companies, one of which is NRAM.....
    I need to send proof of id back to claims guys who in turn then send it back to NRAM, and yes the Claims Guys have already been in contact with NRAM
    I do realise that doing it myself is better for me financially however it's done now and it seems too late to go to them direct, lesson learned!
  • -taff
    Options
    Ah...in that case you're probably already out of the cooling off period when you could have cancelled the agreement, so yes, you will have to pay them.
    A warning - if you don't, they will take you to court.
  • Ojst
    Options
    Ok thanks taff, how do you know if you are out of the cooling off period ?
  • -taff
    Options
    It's usually 14 days, chek your contract.
  • -taff
    Options
    Here you go

6. Cancellation Rights and Charges
    a. You may cancel Your Claim(s) at any time, up to 14 days from the date Your Claim(s) is
    submitted to the Company (“Cooling-off Period”), at no cost to You.
    b. You may request to cancel either in writing, by telephone or via email, see clause 9(a) for
    contact details. You can also
    find a copy of the cancellation form at www.theclaimsguys.co.uk.
    c. If You cancel Your Claim(s) within the Cooling-off Period You will owe TCG nothing, unless
    You or TCG have received a reasonable offer of Compensation within this period.
    d. TCG may at its sole discretion decide not to proceed with a Claim(s) and cancel this Agreement
    at any time. TCG must act reasonably in taking such a decision and promptly notify You. You
    will owe TCG nothing.
    e. If You cancel the Claim(s) at any time after the Cooling-off Period for any reason, TCG may
    impose a cancellation charge which will be reasonable and proportionate to the work done
    and the costs incurred by TCG, up to the point of cancellation. For substantiation and referral
    of Your Claim(s) to the Company or the FOS the charge is £60, inclusive of VAT; for any manual
    communication e.g. an outgoing or incoming call/letter/email to or from either You or the
    Company TCG will charge You £48, inclusive of VAT; for any automated communication to You
    TCG will charge You £18 inclusive of VAT.
    f. If You cancel Your Claim(s) after an offer of reasonable Compensation is due to You, then
    TCG shall be entitled to issue You a cancellation charge equal to the Fee(s) that would be
    payable under clause 5.

I don't think you can cancel now as you've already received an offer as per f above.
  • Dazzllrr
    Options
    How can I stop them once started. I have made a massive mistake I have set a company going with my claims and I am a discharged bankrupt so I will get nothing but the bill from claims company
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure