Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

DMP mutual support thread part 13 !! - Page 345

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

edited 13 March 2019 at 9:03AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
3.5K replies 481.6K views

Replies

• Suseka97Suseka97 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    So now after receiving the notice of termination from Argos I have now had a letter to say the debt is with Moorcroft and to contact them with any further questions and to arrange payment.... is this now confirmation the debt is defaulted and I can email them and offer my income and expenditure? Sorry for being a pain with all the questions recently! Feel pleased things are moving but also worried as don’t won’t to do anything wrong at this point! TIA
    I'd still wait until you've been contacted by Moorcroft themselves and check your credit file.  Don't make any payments until you are 100% sure its defaulted and don't take their word for it.  The account on your CRA file will be clearly marked with 'default' and the date it was applied - that's the best evidence you can have.
  • DebtHurricaneDebtHurricane Forumite
    150 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    sunshinevicky as suseka says the best thing is to wait until you see it for yourself on your credit files. Then screenshot it as evidence and keep it saved somewhere. I had 2 debts sold on and thought they must have defaulted as I’d received a default notice prior to that. They hadn’t and I’m glad I waited to see the credit file entry as you can always challenge it then as you have proof of the default. 
  • sunshinevickysunshinevicky Forumite
    40 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    sunshinevicky as suseka says the best thing is to wait until you see it for yourself on your credit files. Then screenshot it as evidence and keep it saved somewhere. I had 2 debts sold on and thought they must have defaulted as I’d received a default notice prior to that. They hadn’t and I’m glad I waited to see the credit file entry as you can always challenge it then as you have proof of the default. 
    Thanks all.... I think I just feel nervous when it says it has been passed on to a collector if I don’t contact them quickly they may end up sending someone to the house.... I will try and hold my nerve though and hope to see the default on my file soon! Thanks again :-) 
    Current Debt- June 2020 - £30,302
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    22.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now after receiving the notice of termination from Argos I have now had a letter to say the debt is with Moorcroft and to contact them with any further questions and to arrange payment.... is this now confirmation the debt is defaulted and I can email them and offer my income and expenditure? Sorry for being a pain with all the questions recently! Feel pleased things are moving but also worried as don’t won’t to do anything wrong at this point! TIA

No, Moorcroft just collect debts on behalf of their clients, it won`t have defaulted as yet, sometimes they drag things out unfortunatly.
    They might never default you.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    "I don`t trust Bankers, I don`t trust Banks, and I don`t trust you.........Private Frazer".
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • BooBoo77BooBoo77 Forumite
    30 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Hello I’ve now got one response to my CCA request, which is nothing but print outs of credit card statements. I’m guessing there should be more to it? The debt co says that the client will send the agreement and statements so if they’ve just sent the statements then that means they don’t have the agreement, which is good news for me. Would I go back to the debt co and say that they haven’t supplied the agreement so I assume it’s unenforceable or is that moving too fast? Thanks 
    DMP with StepChange started 2014
    Debt: £31.1k £18.2
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all.... I think I just feel nervous when it says it has been passed on to a collector if I don’t contact them quickly they may end up sending someone to the house.... I will try and hold my nerve though and hope to see the default on my file soon! Thanks again :-) 
    Okay, you've got to stop overthinking things and I mean that in the nicest way :). No-one is going to rock up to your door - and even if they did, all you would do is tell them to bog off (or more politely to please go away) and shut the door.  Noting soucrates comment about Moorcroft, it looks like you are going to have to hold your nerve a while longer and keep pushing for that default.  If you start paying now you may never get one.
  • sunshinevickysunshinevicky Forumite
    40 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    So on my crediwise report the account says default balance and gives the amount whereas in others it doesn’t say this.... do you think this is a default??? Is there a better site I should use to check my report? TIA
    Current Debt- June 2020 - £30,302
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    22.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So on my crediwise report the account says default balance and gives the amount whereas in others it doesn’t say this.... do you think this is a default??? Is there a better site I should use to check my report? TIA

Moorcroft don`t knock on doors, ever, their staff comprises mainly of teenagers who answer phones all day.
    The entry on your credit file, if defaulted, will say "DATE OF DEFAULT" and give a date, if that`s not there, then its not defaulted.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    "I don`t trust Bankers, I don`t trust Banks, and I don`t trust you.........Private Frazer".
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm registered with all 3 of the main CRAs and use Credit Karma (Transunion), Clearscore (Equifax) and MSE Credit Club (Experian) and all are free to register with.  A default will be very clearly marked as such with the date the default was applied.

• edited 30 October at 3:06PM
    ditty1234ditty1234 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    edited 30 October at 3:06PM
    Right so it is now time to go self managed - I have a few questions:
    Do I just email stepchange and let them know that I want to go self managed?
    I will be writing my creditors to let them know  and send them an I & E.
    With PR4 i have one balance that is enforceable that I want to pay, and one that is unenforceable - do I just only write them about the one I want to pay? I can't think how to word that. 
    Do i just continue what I was paying with stepchange or can I lower it to a more symbolic amount? 
    A wescot balance is unenforceable so I guess I will ignore them for now.
    The HS8C accounts - one defaulted, and I want to start paying it, but the overdraft is not defaulted, so I guess I will wait with both. They keep writing that they will reply to my complaints in the 'next two weeks'.
    Is there a well worded lette somewhere?
    Thanks again, :-)
    PS I have started looking at NEDCAB and Legal Beagles, and - do I list all 5 debt balances to all creditors or just each one to to them?
    HS8C loan defaulted  March. 872.05.          Now £855
    HS8C overdraft - in complaint! March 858.8        Now £777
    Bank of scotland/PRA      Unenforceable March/now £8275.8 
    Barcley/PRA enforceable       March/now   £8123.4
    Natwest/Wescot on hold March/Now                          £5677.9
    I was paying 36 on the Barclay, should I just continue doing that? I will adjust
    I & E Accordingly and let them know I want bank details to start paying in Nov or Dec. 

Hi so I have decided that as I am doing this on a one by one basis, and that is why I have gone self-managed, I have currently only sent an offer through to PRA about my Barclay card and set up a standing order of £40, that is what the financial Nedcap calculation said. So I guess that's it until the HS8C issue is fully resolved. Sorry for long post.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/-£23.683/£9666 : EF 2020 - Nov £420/£1000 :
    Housing fund 2020-2022 £320/6000 : Citizenship Paid £1849/£2019 : Weight -8/12 kg
    Run 10k in 1h 10m 1h 07m 16.7.2020