Have Together Energy gone bust?

Options
1235»

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Im busy trying to sort out an elderly relatives energy at the moment. One select doubled their DD the same month they went bust, and TE have continued to take this silly amount out of their bank. After spending 2 days going round in circles on the phone with them and getting no where, I have just cancelled the DD until they can provide an up to date account balance/bill.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • tachoman88
    Options
    Having been one of the transferred by Ofgems ISupply Customers when they collapsed ... I actually decided to go my own way and transfer to a long term fixed deal with another supplier (EDF) Ever since I have TRIED and I mean tried to get sense from Together Energy to refund us the overpayment...........Plus they were still taking money from our account in April this year and our new supplier started supplying us in February Now after 5 x Lengthy Calls to their call centre in Durban and being promised every time 7 to 10 working days for the refund to be paid?? still nothing I have sent 2 x E Mails since still nothing ??? I know in the general scheme of things £60.69p is not a lot BUT it IS a lot to us !!! So I think OFGEM have been VERY Poor in their handling of this situation Next letter them I think I wonder have YOU had this problem and have YOU had any recompence yet ?? I Wonder ???
  • nomis64
    nomis64 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, another one select in credit customer, moved by ofgen to together, found them expensive and switched myself. The £540 owed to me by one select was finally acknowledged by together in may and has still not been refunded. They promised 7-14 days 14 days ago and my formal complaint to them is now 2 months old so I can finally get ofgen involved - although by the sound of the above that doesn't help much!
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can't go to Ofgem, but you can go to the Energy Ombudsman.
    I [eventually] had everything resolved/refunded. I would definitely recommend you go to the Ombudsman.
    However, don't trust anything Together tell you, don't expect them to do anything they say they will do, expect them to be dishonest - both with you and with the Ombudsman, expect them to say they have done what the Ombudsman has told them to when they haven't. Basically work through the process at the earliest opportunity and keep working through the process when it doesn't appear to be working - eventually you should get there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure