Have Together Energy gone bust?

Options

Comments

• I followed the procedure by submitting the forms as per their website and speaking to one of their admin people (Ruth). I didn't need to attend court. That is the whole reason for the small claims process. If you think I am trying to make money out of it think again. All I said was in anyone wants to know the process (because it isn't that clear on the website) I could advise them. Why on earth did I bother posting on here!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You didn't need to attend court because of the defendant's default in ignoring the claim

That's not the norm when using the county courts
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Together Energy are a waste of space - still haven't received my final OS bill ,and they don't seem to have registered the fact that I have moved on from Together E. The account that they set up after I left, contains no meter readings, no tariff details ,no links to the OS bill etc
    I finally got thru to them during the week -sounded like they had moved their Customer Services to Bangladesh -the guy I spoke with ,was totally lost -didn't seem to understand what I was asking for (OS bill)
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    Was the win by default?
    ...Together Energy failed to respond and last week I sent in the form for a decision. ..

So that'll be a yes then...

Oh dear! :cool:

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched ;)
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 February 2019 at 4:56PM
    Options
    ... If you think I am trying to make money out of it think again. ...

I don't think any believes you are going to make any money out of this debacle ;)

And the ombudsman service won't assist you now in this matter, either.
  • merchcon55
    Options
    Statement from the administrators in The Gazette is an interesting read - sorry, as a newbie I can't post links.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/company/10292626

A few bits of interest:

During Oct-Nov 2018 several companies looked at acquiring One Select - after doing due diligence they decided not to pursue due to large amounts of CREDIT due to customers.

One Select, due to poor billing procedures, was due £1.88m from 11,905 customers (average of £158 per customer). One Select had around 33,000 customers.

However, this may be due to not having produced statements and in fact the Credit on account will cover most of this debt - speculation on my part.

The main "push" for the business going bump was a winding up order from HMRC, who are due £2.9m in VAT.

From a quick read - I am not an accountant - I do not see any mention of GREEN TAXES that are due. Again speculation on my part, but as they were having MAJOR CASH FLOW issues, and as they did not pay their VAT, I highly doubt they have paid their GREEN TAXES.

Some sort of court decision was due on 18 February, but the link above has not been updated yet to reflect the decision.

What I did read is that it was determined that Together Energy would be responsible for collecting any outstanding debts due to One Select, as it would be too costly for the administrator to contact nearly 12,000 customers.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    merchcon55 wrote: »
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/company/10292626

What I did read is that it was determined that Together Energy would be responsible for collecting any outstanding debts due to One Select, as it would be too costly for the administrator to contact nearly 12,000 customers.

Interesting read - I suspect that the reason that I haven't yet had a final OS bill is that I was actually in credit by ~ £50 when the changeover occurred; they are concentrating on the debtors!
    HOWEVER, don't intend to pay TE anything until the One Select "bill" is presented showing the carry forward. I moved away from TE two weeks ago and I reckon I owe them a nett £150+:)
  • kh1234567890
    Options
    merchcon55 wrote: »
    Basically no-one would touch One Select even with the proverbial barge pole. Ofgem had to offer a substantial sweetener to TE - they get to keep 60% of any customer debt recovered and customer credits are covered from the network suppliers kitty. It must have been a brown underpants time at Ofgem ...
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Basically no-one would touch One Select even with the proverbial barge pole. Ofgem had to offer a substantial sweetener to TE - they get to keep 60% of any customer debt recovered and customer credits are covered from the network suppliers kitty. It must have been a brown underpants time at Ofgem ...

As I'm led to believe OFGEM have the power to order a supplier to act as SOLR - so not sure why they would have to bribe anyone ??
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,289 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Interesting read - I suspect that the reason that I haven't yet had a final OS bill is that I was actually in credit by ~ £50 when the changeover occurred; they are concentrating on the debtors!
    HOWEVER, don't intend to pay TE anything until the One Select "bill" is presented showing the carry forward. I moved away from TE two weeks ago and I reckon I owe them a nett £150+:)
    :rotfl:
    I got bored waiting for my final statement and did the calculations for my account and it turns out I used less energy than planned, so instead of me owing them money and feeling smug that they haven't issued my final bill, I am actually owed about £5.50. Naturally I'll be sending the bailiffs around forthwith. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure