Why Walk When You Can Fly

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I can see why you would find your mum's partner irritating!

I'm glad you bought the jeans and trainers, you work hard so you deserve to have the things you need.

Well done on the walking too :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A 50th and a 90th coming up, how lovely!
    You always sound so organised whenever I catch up with your diary.
    i will take a leaf out of your book this year.
    Happy new (ish) year Purplemum.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You always sound so organised whenever I catch up with your diary.

Happy new year to you too DIA.

I certainly don't feel organised, but I need to be this year.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning :D

It's a bit chilly here on site today but I have the heaters on in the site office :) Just hope it doesn't snow like it did last year.

Brought my lunch with me today, I'm determined to not spend anything this month.

I had another AFD last night, during the week is easy enough it's the weekends that are hard.

I've been looking at my pots and by March I should be able to make a big overpayment to MBNA, I am determined that this will be halved as quickly as possible.

DH's car tax reminder came through, £140. This is due at the end of the month, so the money that I was putting towards it, I will keep saving as both cars are due a service soon and pay for it as usual at pay day.

DH is off sick today, he's caught the lurgy that is doing the rounds. To be fair to him, he's rarely off sick and you can tell he really is ill when he does. He does need a bell around his neck though, why do men whinge so much!?! :rotfl:

Need to think of things that I need to get done this weekend, I need to restart my lists so I have something to go off and it will keep me motivated.

Food shop wise, I need to buy the minimum amount this week as we have a lot of stuff already.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just checked the Cap One account and they have added £4.25 in interest!!! So I have paid an extra £10 off and will pay the £44.25 once pay day arrives.

I've checked the bills account and I may be able to make a bit more of a lump payment to the MBNA this month but will need to check nearer the time.

I'm having a play with my spreadsheet and I am trying to see if I can move money about to get the MBNA one down further but I think I'm just impatient :rotfl:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope DH feels better soon and that you don't catch it! I also hope your manage to pay a biggish amount off the MBNA.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope DH is better soon x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

DH is still poorly but he says he feels slightly better than yesterday, hoping that it goes. DD was complaining of a sore throat this morning, so I've told her to take some multivitamins...standard mum response :)

Brought my lunch with me to work again today and I had a AFD last night even though I was tempted to have a beer last night.

Meal plan is going good so far.

Roll on the weekend...I have been sorting my planning out.

Got an email through for DD's Guides and there are two camps so far this year and one big one next year and she wants to go to all of them, so need to sort out deposits tonight for them, plus her subs and yearly insurance is due too.

She also has a Guide outing to the local swim centre next Wednesday, that has tubes etc. so need £4.50 for then.

Hopefully DS will have an Isle of Wight camp with the Cadets this year too.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon and happy Friday :)

Had a drink last night....not as much as I would do normally. I think my dry January is out of the water but I'm quite happy that I have cut down.

DH is still lurgyfied and I feel bunged up now too!

Two weeks today until DH gets paid and so far, we may, should hopefully be on track despite HMRC messing up DH's tax code.

Things to do this weekend:

DD swimming lesson
    Sew DD's badges on her camp blanket - All 10 of them!
    Ring bloke up to book dishwasher in for a service
    Get a big walk in aiming for 10km in 2 hours
    Sort DS out with deleting his endless websites that he's signed up for (long story!)
    Meal prep for next week
    Food shop - minimum required
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Didn't you sew a hundred badges on DD's blanket once before? :rotfl::rotfl:

I sense an interesting story behind DS signing up for websites :eek:. Good luck with sorting it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport