IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia parking charge notice

Options
123457»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Schmoo17 wrote: »
    Hi I have finally had my court hearing this week. I stammered a bit with very sweaty palms but used my evidence laid out in my defence well when the claimant cross examined. The judge was lovely and talked me through everything I had to do.

I took on a paralegal and I WON. Thank you so much everyone who has answered my posts and especially Coupon mad who helped with my defence.

One point was invaluable about the time synchrony.

I even managed to claim some expenses. Now I feel on top of the world. Thank you so much everyone here and my daughters support in the day. You are amazing. ��
    Well done. You are amazing too - what an achievement! :T

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

What did the Judge say about the time synchronisation, and did the legal rep struggle to prove it?

Which court was this, with the lovely Judge?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Schmoo17
    Schmoo17 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The claimant said that a PCN would only get issued when the Camera logging the entry time noticed no log on the PDT machine. So I used your point about the synchronised times on each being at fault in previous cases with dash cam evidence. They asked for my proof of this and I asked for theirs !!
    My case was in Torbay luckily so I didn’t have to travel too far. Thank you for your help without it I wouldn’t have had such a good case or understanding of problems that could have led to the PCN issue. I have leant my lesson and keep all my parking tickets as proof of payment plus pay by card too when the PDT machines allow.
    Also the judge asked something about logs for payments that hadn’t registered number plates properly. She had particular wording which they hadn’t supplied. Also no time on error log (finally appeared in their evidence for court) so I said that although the date was quoted it didn’t show a time of the day it was covering.
    Also the PDT printout looked like a word document I could type on my own computer, where is the time /date that it was printed or the site location. Didn’t look like a machine printout. I work with analysers and we have even the company who manufactured our machine noted.
    The judge like the fact I had gone to the manager to get evidence of queue times. And quite rightly not something a guilty person would bother to do necessarily. We also video a walk from where I parked my car to the aquarium entrance as extra proof that the times were wrong.
    Also I had email evidence as stopped replying by letter in case they said they didn’t receive it, asking for PDT printouts from over about 2 hours earlier. They never replied so I asked why. On one occasion they took two months before they replied by letter. So email was definitely the right choice as I had the evidence as printed out all my emails.
  • Schmoo17
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Also the signage from the Popla appeal was different to the photographed signage in their evidence folder they sent me for court. So I picked the claimant up on that.
    So really helpful to keep all letters received with their envelopes because I had Britannia dated envelopes as evidence also that I used on occasion.
    Also read the witness statement of the claimant very clearly. In my case they said I hadn’t replied to their repeated communications. I had email evidence to proof I had so another lie was highlighted.
    My friend thinks I should be in a different job !! I can understand why you guys are lawyers / solicitors the feeling when you win is fabulous. I am just glad that I finally got chance to prove my innocence and that a kind judge took the time to listen.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I can understand why you guys are lawyers / solicitors the feeling when you win is fabulous.
    On this forum there are only 3 lawyers (and they are only infrequent contributors), none of whom have posted to your thread. So every bit of advice has come from lay people only, who have, through dedication, reading and learning, gained knowledge and understanding of the important legal issues relating to the private parking scene.

My knowledge of the legal end is relatively superficial, but I contribute and advise where I'm confident I'm not proffering bulldung! :D
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Schmoo17
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow that is amazing to hear, I hadn’t realised. You are a brilliant team of people thank you 👏. I wish you many more successes 😁.
  • Mrs44474
    Mrs44474 Posts: 125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Schmoo!! I hope I get the same outcome ��
  • Schmoo17
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Becky I hope you do too. If I can help let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure