Being pressured to contribute towards fence

12345679»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    After all that!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    -taff wrote: »
    After all that!

Yes, i know.

They did offer to pay for half the fencing over 5 months before the court date but never heard back i think and then the OP never attended the hearing so lost the case.
    I have a link here so people can see what happened over all those month's.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/forum/legal-forums/housing-property-and-neighbours/1423951-being-pursued-for-cost-of-replacement-fence
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 April 2019 at 11:45AM
    I built a large and fairly expensive fence two years ago between my garden and two other properties... i didn't consult neighbours for money, i just got it done.

Your choice of words has put you on the hook. I would explain your position and offer half. He should have explained how much it was going to cost before starting, but didnt.... so half is maybe fair ?

PS his facebook postings would make me want to give him nothing but a swollen face :)
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,779
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Zola. wrote: »
    I built a large and fairly expensive fence two years ago between my garden and two other properties... i didn't consult neighbours for money, i just got it done.

Your choice of words has put you on the hook. I would explain your position and offer half. He should have explained how much it was going to cost before starting, but didnt.... so half is maybe fair ?

PS his facebook postings would make me want to give him nothing but a swollen face :)

80 something posts in and you think we're still answering the OP? What is the point, exactly of commenting if you can't be bothered to read beyond the first post.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,346
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    The court will treat not turning because you forgot about it or because you lost the letter as being disrespectful to the court. The court is very unlikely to order the plaintiff to come back to court again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure