New Post Advanced Search

Landlord wants more money

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
127 replies 16.2K views
1789101113»

Replies

• OkribOkrib Forumite
    166 posts
    I am sure the landlord will end up paying significantly more than he has offered.

You have a tenancy until next August and compelling personal reasons to not want to move at this point in time.

How much would you accept to move? Take that figure, add 25% for negotiation, and then submit a counter offer - along with an acceptable date for you to move by.

Alternatively, just continue to pay the rent until your tenancy ends.
  • Jm90Jm90 Forumite
    117 posts
    Thanks all for your advice,

Im not sure how to quote on here but we only paid three months up front for the first 6 months because we could afford too. However, they knew full well this was not how it would always be. Which is why it wasn't written in the tenancy.

I emailed them the other day explaining our circumstances, the length of our tenancy and that I am pregnant/not wanting to move and that all matters regarding this issue I would like via email/post
    I also asked for the landlords contact details.

(I also called and asked for his details, which one of the office girls said she couldn't give us, and the manager would call back. She didn't. )

They did not reply to my email answering any of my questions only asking if we had received the letter from the landlord and what was our decision as he needs to know.

So I will write another email taking on all the points from the latest posts as they obviously just ignore any emails they don't like.

I will also post it.

Thank you.
  • Crashy_TimeCrashy_Time Forumite
    10.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's completely irrelevant to the OP, CT.

It`s about a landlord that wants more money.
  • It`s about a landlord that wants more money.
    And completely irrelevant to the OP.
  • Crashy_TimeCrashy_Time Forumite
    10.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I wouldn`t bother writing back and forth, just pay monthly, and move out when you are ready/ the contract says.
  • Jm90Jm90 Forumite
    117 posts
    Hey all, thought I would give you all the latest update and wanted to say thank you so much for all the advice and support. It meant so much.

LATEST EMAIL

'We have received an e-mail from the landlord this morning stating they will be looking to rent a property in the area and will be happy for you to stay at XXX

If the landlords tenancy goes well they may look to stay in rented accommodation. We will review this in August. '

The only time they have ever acknowledged that we have until August, so I am pleased.
  • MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news, I am so happy for you :D

Hopefully you can now relax and look forward to your baby. Let us know how it goes and whether it's boy or girl