New plan...time to see some movement!

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had a busy day today. This morning we went into town and to the library. Then we went to a local park to show our faces at a protest. We then met with a friend and took the kids to a new soft play which is close to us and they loved it!

This afternoon, I have gutted the kids room. Moved it all around, got them to sort through the toys they have up there, tidied it up and gave it a good clean. It looks loads better now and almost a bedroom! There's a few bits of furniture to come out when I can persuade Dh to take down my wardrobes, and they will be replaced with smaller items. We've obviously got all the work still needing doing, but I'm really pleased with it and so are the kids.

I've got 2 massive bags of stuff to go as well, so need to tot that up for the declutter list :T :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a good productive day :D

Hope your throat is feeling better and the tiredness has settled

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • jwil
    Options
    Sounds like a good productive day :D

Hope your throat is feeling better and the tiredness has settled

x

Thanks WF :) Throat is improving at last and still a bit tired but hope it will settle down soon x
  • Lifeisforliving19
    Options
    :rotfl:Its lovely gutting a room isn't it? I am getting the spare room done for sure now, been saying I would for ages and then not actually starting it. Think the spring must have inspired me....
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    What a an amazing amount of ebay sales, imagine how much bigger your debts would be if you'd hadn't had those sales to live on :T.

It's very satisfying improving a room like that and it's great the kids are pleased :).

I'm glad your sore throat is starting to improve.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Options
    :rotfl:Its lovely gutting a room isn't it? I am getting the spare room done for sure now, been saying I would for ages and then not actually starting it. Think the spring must have inspired me....

Oh it's so satisfying! It makes such a difference, and yes, I agree the spring is motivating.
    What a an amazing amount of ebay sales, imagine how much bigger your debts would be if you'd hadn't had those sales to live on :T.

It's very satisfying improving a room like that and it's great the kids are pleased :).

I'm glad your sore throat is starting to improve.

That's very true about the debt levels.

Sore throat gone now :T
  • jwil
    Options
    It's all a bit hectic at the moment.

My meds seem to be settling down :T I'm sleeping much better and not so groggy in the morning.

I had a day in Brizzle-land yesterday for work. A fantastic location with views out over the Severn Bridge. Nice!

I've had a F&F offer from one of my creditors. They are offering a 30% discount. Nice but not enough and I'm not in a position to do anything at the moment anyway.

Work is crazy busy but interesting, so I'm ok with that.

I did a load of listing at the weekend, nothing selling yet but fingers crossed! I had an offer of half the listed price on one of my items. I listed it at a high amount as I'm not certain I really want to let it go. I refused the offer as if it sells for the high amount, fair enough, but I don't want to let it go for nothing.

Not much else to report really!

Hope everyone is well :)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad your meds are settling down, maybe this is the right medication for you.

Good news on the F&F offer too, even if it's not right for now it shows they're willing to negotiate ;).

I hope your big item gets a better offer :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a great Friday and weekend jwil x
  • jwil
    Options
    I'm glad your meds are settling down, maybe this is the right medication for you.

Good news on the F&F offer too, even if it's not right for now it shows they're willing to negotiate ;).

I hope your big item gets a better offer :).
    Have a great Friday and weekend jwil x

Thank you both :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills