Forum Home» Phones & TV

Virgin Media to hit customers with 4.5% price hike - MSE News - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Virgin Media to hit customers with 4.5% price hike - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Phones & TV
66 replies 13K views

Replies

• curl_girlcurl_girl Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I called virgin last week as I currently pay £63 for the mix bundle and after taking everything off and putting me on the basic tv phone and broadband it was still £44 when they are offering that deal to new customers for £32.
    I called up today to say I want to leave as they are too expensive and that sky are offering a deal for £36 and they just said ok and said I’ll be cut off at the end of next month.
    How do people get a better deal or is everyone switching? I would rather not for the hassle but I’m not prepared to pay more especially when I’ve seen some people on here get the full package for £65 :(

That's a good offer compared with my call just.
    Full house now 78 offered 73!
    Or swap to mix for 59.
    A 35 mins telephone call, sharp agent, I will ring again to see if I can get a better one!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • amfamf Forumite
    483 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've received no notice of increase - I'm now 10 months in to a 12 month deal. I was hoping to get a notice to allow me to re-negotiate.
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    amf wrote: »
    I've received no notice of increase - I'm now 10 months in to a 12 month deal. I was hoping to get a notice to allow me to re-negotiate.

No I haven't either, I just noticed it on my bill email.
  • latecomerlatecomer Forumite
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you dont get formal notice then log a complaint and tell them to reduce your bill immediately. I got last years notice by email on the 1st September (not sure if I got a paper one too?) and this years has not yet arrived so I dont expect my bill to go up until at least 30 days afterwards.
  • ryan92ryan92 Forumite
    531 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I phoned up to cancel and they gave me a credit to offset the increase.
    Ever since the broadband has been awful!

Would I still be eligible to call up and leave!?
    :staradmin LIGHTBULB MOMENT ;11th September 2019 :staradmin
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    They stopped my BB 15 days early !!!
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    latecomer wrote: »
    If you dont get formal notice then log a complaint and tell them to reduce your bill immediately. I got last years notice by email on the 1st September (not sure if I got a paper one too?) and this years has not yet arrived so I dont expect my bill to go up until at least 30 days afterwards.

Apparently the increase notices are in the post as it doesn't start until November.
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Apparently the increase notices are in the post as it doesn't start until November.

I've no doubt they are on their way - guess they have a lot of letters to post so will no doubt spread the load. Wouldn't want to break the postie :D
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ryan92 wrote: »
    I phoned up to cancel and they gave me a credit to offset the increase.
    Ever since the broadband has been awful!

Would I still be eligible to call up and leave!?

I guess it depends whether taking the credit constitutes a new contract or not. If not then you probably can. Try phoning and asking if you have entered a new contract.
  • AnonAnon Forumite
    14.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I called virgin last week as I currently pay £63 for the mix bundle and after taking everything off and putting me on the basic tv phone and broadband it was still £44 when they are offering that deal to new customers for £32.
    I called up today to say I want to leave as they are too expensive and that sky are offering a deal for £36 and they just said ok and said I’ll be cut off at the end of next month.
    How do people get a better deal or is everyone switching? I would rather not for the hassle but I’m not prepared to pay more especially when I’ve seen some people on here get the full package for £65 :(

People get the better deals by cancelling then awaiting a call from the Outbound retentions team.