Virgin Media to hit customers with 4.5% price hike - MSE News

Options
Virgin Media has announced it is hiking prices for broadband, phone and TV customers by an average 4.5% - with bills set to rise from October or November...
Read the full story:
'Virgin Media to hit customers with 4.5% price hike'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Comments

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AGAIN?

How are they justifying this? This is utterly ridiculous. I'm dropping our TV service and phone service as soon as I hear from them, and trying to haggle down the broadband - it's taking the p*ss.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But if your in contract surely they can't raise it?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    m0bov wrote: »
    But if your in contract surely they can't raise it?

The T&C's that people agree to says otherwise.
  • latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But it also says you can leave penalty free when they do so.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    AGAIN?

How are they justifying this? This is utterly ridiculous. I'm dropping our TV service and phone service as soon as I hear from them, and trying to haggle down the broadband - it's taking the p*ss.

It's a yearly event! Same time every year!

That is certainly a good starting point, but be aware they love to keep people on 3 services and give it for a silly low price! So be prepared for that.

Or just removing the TV can work out at a good price.

BB on its own can be expensive (little, if anything to be gained by dropping phone)
  • bufferz
    bufferz Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Just renewed my contract, looks like that was a waste of time then...
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went VM BB only two years ago. Bought a Youview PVR box of eBay for £30 and with Amazon Prime never looked back. I feel I miss out on nothing.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Here we go again. Will need to speak to VM again to try and get some kind of better deal. Because of losing UKTV they reduced our bill by £5 a month and gave us Sky Cinema in HD free for a year. Now UKTV restored it might be hard trying to get anything else from them.

We have the full TV package, broadband 200mb, phone line (never used) plus Sky Cinema free for 12 months and pay £65.00 per month.
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    Easy. They wouldn't pay to get UK TV channels so they made some other fools do it. Us!
  • pmcgrath
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Here we go again. Will need to speak to VM again to try and get some kind of better deal. Because of losing UKTV they reduced our bill by £5 a month and gave us Sky Cinema in HD free for a year. Now UKTV restored it might be hard trying to get anything else from them.

We have the full TV package, broadband 200mb, phone line (never used) plus Sky Cinema free for 12 months and pay £65.00 per month.

Wow. I've only got the "Full House" package with BT sport only, 200mb BB and Talk Weekends and I'm paying £89 !! No Sky Sports or Cinema. Tried the on-line chat thing last week, as I noticed that the new customers where getting everything plus enhanced BB and Phone for the same price as I'm currently paying, but got nowhere. Didn't threaten to leave mind you and I'm not in any contract period just now. Any tips?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure