What small DFW things will you do w/c 13th August?

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Afternoon all. Hope there is some news today Foxgloves and it's not as stressful. I too was up early Dawn woke about 3, gave up at 4.30 and came downstairs to do some jobs. Then on with the day, was planning an early run before DH went to work but that didn't happen as I was exhausted. Anyway, today's things:

Check banking it's payday tomorrow :j:j
    Print some stuff off computer so I can send off claim (finally)
    Take some stuff back to return whilst in town
    Go to library for part 2 of a challenge
    Meals from stores for everyone (apart from me whose going out, will walk and not drink :A)
    Quick shower and hair dry naturally
    Done shopping list and meal planned for next week
    Some washing out to dry, will need to spin the load that was left out last night again :o
    Looking after smalls whilst working, saving childcare
    Use some more potions from by bedside table, having them at hand is working well
    Do some work

I am secretly hoping for 40 winks before I go out tonight... think that's a pipe dream though :rotfl:
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All

We're on holiday and having a relaxing day sheltering from the rain so thought I'd pop by. Had a lovely few days so far but not the weather we were enjoying a short while ago. We've been keeping the faith and doing a few small things while we've been here:

Checking Bank and making PAD's
    Used £3 Tesco Voucher
    Used £75 Morrisons vouchers that I'd been saving since Jan
    Entered a comp and won a £1 Amazon voucher
    Lots of fresh air and walking
    Read 2 books brought from home and then donated to a charity shop
    Bought 2 books from a second hand book stall for 50p each, read and handed in at charity shop
    Checking: Lucky Bob, WinaDinner, FPL

Have a great evening. Love

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 August 2018 at 7:28PM
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »

some at least of today will be spent at my brother's again :(. I did find a BT Openzone wireless network yesterday, that I could sign into courtesy of our home BT account to stave off the boredom a bit! The bathroom man turned up after about an hour, so I was able to show him where the tea etc were, and hand over the keys as arranged by my brother :T
    Will have HG fruit with breakfast :)Done
    Send OH off into town to do a bit of shopping while I am at brother's flat - brother lives in a town about 8 miles away from us, where we like the weekly outdoor market :) OH will be armed with a list! As it was pouring down with rain, OH didn't want to walk round the shops, so we ended up in Sainsburys. Also went to one of the pound-ish shops to get some more tomato feed.

Check banks and update spreadsheet Must do again after today's spends
    Make a potato curry to go with the remains of the butter chicken - I have the ingredients :)Done
    Freeze French beans in fridge Done
    Make either raspberry or blueberry muffins! Made raspberry AND blueberry muffins :D

Walked dog and popped into the vet's while out to retrieve my sunglasses which I left there yesterday. Pleased to get them back - they are only supermarket ones, but I would have had to buy another pair :T
    Pulled a big pile of rhubarb, chopped and froze, updated list on freezer door :A

Must freeze some of those muffins
    And put the French beans, which were open frozen on a tray, into freezer bags.
    Freezer is bulging again :eek:

House is a tip, and I have done something to my back :mad: Not too bad, but don't want to make it worse :eek: Fed up with falling to pieces this year! Anyway, I can stand up and do the ironing at least, standing / moving about is easier than getting up after sitting! So not serious at all I am sure, just a nuisance :(

PS, enjoy the rest of your holiday Ziggy
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Friday Frugal Ones,
    Raring to go this morning, which is just as well, as I have heaps to do plus packing. Mum unexpectedly got her hospital transfer yesterday, so instead of a week in London, we will be staying just 75 miles away instead of 130! So....today's penny watching activity"
    *Split a pack of hair colour into two & deal with my yukky roots.
    *Pack thoughtfully so as to avoid mega huge amounts of laundry on our return.
    *Pack lots of things to do. No wi-fi at Mum's & no TV. Have plenty of knitting & reading though & intend to blitz Mum's house & garden too.
    *Use up as much fresh produce in tonight's meal as poss.
    *Pack a food box & put next week's grocery budget in a cash bag to take with us.
    *Sort out a modest amount of cash from our Leisure Piggy as we are bound to buy at least a few coffees while out hospital visiting.
    *See if Prolific & Ziffit payments have arrived in bank account yet. If so, pay across to CC.
    *Bake a sourdough loaf.
    *Water veg & feed chillies, beans, squash & courgettes.
    *Clean downstairs using minimal products as usual & washable cloths.
    I had better crack on.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 August 2018 at 1:43PM
    Options
    Hi

I am not looking forward to today - I thought id try HMRC as circumstances have changed to see if tax credits would be payable again - [STRIKE]I am in a Universal Credit Area and have to have an interview today - ugh! I work full time and my salary is good hubby works part time around school hours and I just feel bad about it [/STRIKE] turned out fine so far

Hubby got a parking ticket this week - meh didn't need that

I had a good experience with the bank yesterday - they were really helpful sorting me out a small 0% overdraft to avoid fees until pay day on monday

I have to go to Argos to pick up 2 12" star wars figures for my son for xmas £2.99 each bargain

[STRIKE]I have 2 ebays to post[/STRIKE] done

banking and budget checked and updated - food for catering ordered

Have to get daughter into preferred uni through clearing today she got a* a and a C but changed her mind about location

Work didn't pay my expenses again they've been outstanding for 2 months now - furious - I'm driving a pool car around until they pay me as I am not covering the costs of any more work travel when they aren't reimbursing me as in the policy :(
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • DawnW
    edited 17 August 2018 at 9:03PM
    Options
    Foxgloves - It is great to hear that your Mum has now been transferred to nearer home :) I assume this means accommodation costs will be less (no London prices!)?

My back is a bit better this morning, it now only hurts when getting up / sitting down or bending in certain ways. Hope tomorrow it will be completely back to normal!

Anyway, OH wants to go to an auction viewing this morning. I may go with him, but need to do other stuff as well: He changed his mind, just as well, as he now won't be spending :T

Some paperwork for business Done
    Roast a big bowlful of tomatoes for sauce, then make said sauce Done, made 2 small tubs for the freezer - good way of concentrating them down, and the sauce is great with pasta and parmesan for a quick and easy meal :D

Plenty of tomatoes left!

Freeze yet another pile of French beans Not done, but we did eat some for dinner.
    Hoover lounge and dining toom, flick duster about OH did the hoovering, and I have still to flick! I have put a lot of stuff away though, so it does look tidier!
    Iron a pile of shirts :(There ended up only being 3, so decided to postpone till I have done the next lot of washing!
    Take new items to sales unit Done, bought a few things back and put away.
    Post an ebay parcel Done
    Watered big garden pots that needed it
    Asked OH to make me 'something' to keep a largish cooks knife in the kitchen box in the camper van. I have been struggling with a little veg knife, and I have loads of knives I could take, but don't want a loose sharp knife floating around among the other utensils. He has made a sleeve thing out of plastic (I think) somehow!
    Bought cheap freezer bags (nice strong reusable ones) dog poo bags :o and paper table napkins from the pound-ish shop in town.

There will be more - we are going away on Monday and I need to get everything ready for that :eek:
    I will need to spend the weekend freezing fridge contents, watering and feeding veg garden and making lists in preparationforourfew days away :eek:

Hope 1 lucky lady is ok, and just having a nice time over the holidays :) I often wonder where La Escocesa has got to, and how Fat Von D's business is going.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Glad there is some positive news foxgloves hope your back feels better Dawn

My list for today:
    Used some past their best strawberries and some cheap ones off the market to make jam with jam sugar I already had in. Used BM
    Meals from stores
    Deep clean kitchen
    3 loads of washing opto dry outside, including one bed change
    Applied for s&s isa. Some cashback has tracked too
    Deep cleaned some water bottles
    Pick some tomatoes that are ripe
    Vacuum through
    Out to a party at friends house tonight. I'll drive as it's a way so no spend. Apart from gift for birthday girl.
    Maybe pull some weeds/mow lawn later depending on how time allows.

Have a good day everyone. Purps.
  • DawnW
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Still got a twingey back, not helped by having to haul baby GS about his mum went off on some errand - he IS cute though :heart2:

Anyway, kid wrangling meant that I haven't got much done, but on the up side I haven't spent anything either :)

* Had HG raspberries for breakfast
    * Made soup for lunch with some of the veggies from the fridge, tinned tomatoes, pearl barley and lentils from the cupboard, plus some rather salty ham that I soaked first to get rid of the salt.

* Gave GD (aged 4) a HM raspberry lolly to avoid spending probably a couple of pounds on one at the corner shop :D This consisted of HM raspberry cordial diluted and frozen in one of those cheap lolly mould things from Home Bargains. Baby GS had a lick too - he is now at the stage when nobody can eat anything without him having a taste :rotfl: We have now run out of raspberry cordial so will use diluted fruit juice for next time!
    * OH and GD bathed the dog in the sink (I have a very small dog and a big sink :D), which GD enjoyed but the dog didn't much! He is coming away in the camper van with us on Monday though, and I refuse to share my sleeping bag with a smelly dog :rotfl:
    * OH made egg and chips for dinner - not diet friendly but at least they were oven chips and I only had a few :o

Just about to have a shower and wash my hair as I am sure I have baby food in it :rotfl:
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi August-Austerees,

Morning!:coffee: W.e.e.k.e.n.d.!

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done. Pennies are tight until payday.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise by continuing to walk the length of the River Ayr Way.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Enjoy your walk Ally hope everyone is ok. Today I have/will:

Sort something for lunch tomorrow for DH and I
    Vacuum whole house
    Clean and dust everywhere
    Deep clean in bathroom
    Decor web the house
    Measure an item of furniture we're going to search for later
    Get free hot drink and cake vouchers to use whilst we're out later
    Go for a run